Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

It's Hell to Wait!

Old 04-14-2005, 09:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Hell to Wait!

I've never been a very patient person, but damn, this is KILLIN me!!!

The GTO is in the shop getting the new 05 hood. The grilles are in mail. The other rotor for the Dakota is on its way (shipped on 4/5). The new valve covers for the TA are supposed to be on their way (I already removed the 50lbs of EGR & AIR crap and bolted the AMW Catch Can on in preparation). And now the EradiSpeed Rotors for the TA are being shipped.

But I got NUTTIN in my hands..... Sorry, I just had to vent.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just calm down mark and breath. It will be alright. i have my new sway bar sitting in the garage, i am just debating on putting it in after how straight the car launched last weekend.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:16 AM
10 Second Club

I know.....breath grasshopper.

I have some opinions about your suspension after watching you race last weekend. If it were me, I would do this:

Add that bigger rear sway bar to the back.
Put the other springs back on the front.
Add some 90/10 shocks to the front (so it comes up fast & stays there)

Whatching your car run, it came off the line good, but then it just kinda bounced up & down all the way down the track. To me, that means you're losing energy. My goal has always been to make a car look like a pro stocker. Not an easy task without spending the $10k they put into their suspension, but it's my goal. Having 800hp would help too!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

mark Thanks for the advice. It was real nice having fraser standing right there, as he has already pointed out those things, but it is nice to have someone else there that can see the same things. I don't care what anyone says when you start runnning this fast you can not really tell what the car is doing all the time. That is why i look for all the vids i can, cause they help.

I know i need some new suspension peices, but it is the money aspect of it all. i no longer have those ebiech springs. Although i may take the ones that are in their and cut one coil off just to bring it down another inch or soo. As for shock i will have to wait on those b/c when i do it i am going to do it right and go with afco's on all four corners And springs to match the weight of the car, i have talked to jay billingsly about this in great detail yesterday night, and i think i have a good setup in the works.

I am also thinking about a new tourqe arm that does not mount to the tranny, and moves the instant center back further in the car, which will help alot with the weight transfer.

So just fro an experiment does anybody have any other front spring and shocks layng around that i could try out on the 28th?
Old 04-14-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Waiting for parts does suck... you sit around wringing your hands, wishing those damn parts would get there already.

My clutch finally came in 2 days ago, I finally got my new tune from James a couple of days ago, and my cam will be there today when I get home from work. Been almost a month of waiting for those things... but finally stuff is starting to roll again.

Just gotta be patient, so hang in there your stuff is coming!
Old 04-14-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

new valve covers mark? what kind? whatcha doing with your stockers?

too many jasons.........

another cam jason(tranzor)? what grind this time?

jason(sardog), you should invest in a video camera as soon as you can, and tape every run if possible. it will help get the car sorted out and dialed in. my buddy does this in his vette for every run then goes back and watches it frame by frame to see what the car did at launch and for the entire run, it really helps. He runs SG/SC classes. Those damned throttle stop classes. Rip out of the hole, shut down on the throttle stop, then rip again through the traps to try run a perfect 8.99 or 9.99 without breaking out. Talk about a pain in the *** to dial a car in. His cars capable of running mid 7's

at least you guys have parts to install, or on the way..........
Old 04-14-2005, 12:18 PM
TECH Veteran

My new cam is the Futral F13. Slightly smaller @ .050, but much more aggressive ramp rates than the lazy Lunati grind I'm running now... should make about the same rwhp up top, but with more midrange punch, and more torque everywhere on the powerband. Hoping that and the new sintered iron disk RAM clutch is enough to drop my 60' some and land me right into the 11s. We'll see...
Old 04-14-2005, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

I know rick. that is on the list to buy. need one for the outside veiw and one for the inside so i can watch the gages and things. Cause damn i don't pay any attention to any of it.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

I'm still waiting for the F13 cam.... killing me!! The TEA 5.3 heads shipped yesterday YAY!!
Old 04-14-2005, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rokko
new valve covers mark? what kind? whatcha doing with your stockers?

at least you guys have parts to install, or on the way..........
I bought...ahem, I mean my wife bought me a set of Nasty's fabbed sheet metal valve covers for my b-day. (Katech style) Powder coated red anodized (or close) with polished billet coil pack brackets. I can't wait to see how the engine bay looks with them on. And I hope this + the catch can stops my oil use issue!

I was thinking someone that wants to install hi-ratio rocker arms could use my stockers, since they are already clearanced. Know anyone?
Old 04-14-2005, 01:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I bought...ahem, I mean my wife bought me a set of Nasty's fabbed sheet metal valve covers for my b-day. (Katech style) Powder coated red anodized (or close) with polished billet coil pack brackets. I can't wait to see how the engine bay looks with them on. And I hope this + the catch can stops my oil use issue!

I was thinking someone that wants to install hi-ratio rocker arms could use my stockers, since they are already clearanced. Know anyone?
What ratio are they mark? 1.85's
Old 04-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

Wow, I didn't know the wifey bought you those. Those should look sweet in your engine bay.

heh, yeah, I think I know somebody that has some 1.75's waiting to go in.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sardog46
I know rick. that is on the list to buy. need one for the outside veiw and one for the inside so i can watch the gages and things. Cause damn i don't pay any attention to any of it.
Inside and outside, good idea! I hear ya, rowing through the gears and keeping that thing pointing straight looks like a job in itself.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rokko
Inside and outside, good idea! I hear ya, rowing through the gears and keeping that thing pointing straight looks like a job in itself.
YES IT IS
Old 04-14-2005, 05:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sardog46
have you seen these jason?

http://www.chasecam.com/
Old 04-14-2005, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Thats slick then all i would need is something to capture the vidio
Old 04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lets see i am waiting for my Wide band and a AFR rev kit along with a set of wheel spacers

hey Jason What shock soring combo you have?
Old 04-14-2005, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

I'm waiting for... MONEY
Old 04-14-2005, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Lets see i am waiting for my Wide band and a AFR rev kit along with a set of wheel spacers

stock. What you thinkig
Old 04-14-2005, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv

I'm also waiting for a Wide band as well as new tuning software to show up. Probably won't be for another week or so. No big hurry on my part since it'll be about 3 weeks before my laptop is ready to go

Search this Thread