Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help....125 shot and a knock?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help....125 shot and a knock?!?!?

Last night I put a 125 shot in my dry nos kit, NX kit. I was running a 75. got up to about 40-45 mph then flipped the switch and let her eat to check it before I went to the track this weekend. It did good until I got off of it to turn around and it dropped to about 600 rpms sounded like it was knocking like crazy. got home and when I revved up the engine it would go away. What does this sound like to you. I'm thinking either a rocker or pushrod. Has anyone else had this problem? What was it? Thanks for the help...I shifted the car at 5500 or so. It is controlled by a microswitch on the TB. No other major mods. just a lid, LS1 Edit, Free mods, catback and thats about it.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Mine does the same thing man, a mechanic told me it was just my lifters, nothing to worry about, Make sure its a KNOCKING, because mine just ticks, Knocking is bad..... i think urs is just ticking.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea thats all it is...do you still run nos in yours? Does yours idle rough? and when your at a low rpm, does it shake like hell? While I'm in 6th gear at say 60 mph I can grab my shifter and it's going crazy shaking around.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just got back from the shop. We pulled the valve covers, pushrods weren't bent, springs all looked good, and rocker arms were good. Checked compression, thats all good. Pulled the plugs, one plug was hit knocking the gap out and causing a miss. I'm assuming a piston come apart. It still runs strong after replacing the plug. What do you guys think? Any comments/suggestions would definetly be nice.