LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

FFHP thumbs down.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down FFHP thumbs down.....

I hate to do this, but I have to let people know about my experince with them...

Well after dealing with them for almost 2 mos, my car torn apart since beggining of march, waiting for a set of heads that should have been ready 2 mos ago, sending the heads back to them, since they were flowing so very poorly @600, they couldn't deliver a good product. Got an e-mail from them yesterday telling me that they couldnt get the heads to flow better and that they were gonna have to give me my money back. I know for a fact that TEA is not doing their work anymore, since their bussiness is kinda shady. I have no idea what is going on with them, but at this point I really dont care. I gave them the chance to prove me wrong with their product, but that didnt work. They made to many promises, and never came thru. All I got from them since the beggining was the run around. (Tell you one thing today, do another thing the next day)

I wouldn't called them dependable by no means, and for sure would not buy anything from them or recommended to anyone !!. If you are waiting for a set of heads from them GOOD LUCK !! If I were you, I would ask for my money back and run, take my bussiness somewheer else....sometimes I wonder how some shops stay in bussiness when they do so poorly, no comunication and dick people around.

My .02

Last edited by 1slowWS6; 04-14-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Always check what you pay for....

I bought from FFHP in January 2005. LS6 stg 2's. Flow sheet said 315cfm @ .600. I thought it seemed a bit to good to be true. So, I had them flowed by an idependant sf600 bench. They were down 28cfm @ .600 and across the board. Yes, they gave me my money back, because I caught them B.S'n the numbers. The point is, had I put those heads on my car and found out I made less power than with the heads before, I would have be chasing lost h.p. everywhere but the heads....BECAUSE THEIR FLOW SHEET SHOWED 315CFM @ .600 AND BIG NUMBERS BELOW THE CURVE.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Default re:

I never got the chance to install them....they were flowing so bad @600 when i got them, according to the flow sheets ,that i sent them back 2 day later. And now i never even got them back, all i got was an e-mail. I guess they gave up on their product.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

i had them hand port my 5.3's and while the port work looked good,there was tiny metal shavings in the ports(from the hand porting i assume)and one of the valves was sticking in it's guide.to make a long story short,i had another shop go thru and check everything out and found that the heads were not cleaned properly before assembly.
Old 04-14-2005, 04:22 PM
9 Second Club

This is BS. I am getting my $ back. I hate to do this to these guys but I cant wait. I have allready started looking to other vendors. I was treated right with these guys but I need to move on. I cant wait I need to get this done.

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 04-14-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Launching!

They must have been using Patriot cnc'd castings.I would run from the Patriot stuff like its the plague.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:53 PM
9 Second Club

They are refunding me. They didnt have any problem in doing so. I am just waiting for it to show up in my account. All in all they have kept there word from what had happened to me with the mix up.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Seems like the flame war I started a few weeks ago was for a good cause. All that **** they posted about how they take care of there customers and I jumped the gun by posting! Looks like they should spend more time on their products and less time trying to cover their *** with excuses on here. They seem to have just given up on being able to make a decent set of heads for willie. Looks like a sinking ship to me!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
They are refunding me. They didnt have any problem in doing so. I am just waiting for it to show up in my account. All in all they have kept there word from what had happened to me with the mix up.

I was waiting to and giving them the ben. of doubt. They said they would credit my C.C. Never happened. After numerous calls, they finally Fed Ex'd me a check, minus $20.00. These guys are small time B.S. artists.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

it took them 3 months to get my heads back to me.it's sad that you guys(and me)got the run around.like i said in my first post,the porting and machine work was good,and the flow numbers were not bad for the minimal work done to the heads.i think they got in over their heads and are scrambling to keep up with orders and this is the result.when i called or e-mailed to find out when my heads would ship i got the run around and was basically lied to.then i finally recieved 1 HEAD.a week later i recieved the other one,lol.Brad did offer to give me a set of pushrods and cut me a deal on a cam for taking so long,but all i wanted was my heads,lol.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:30 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2c5s
I was waiting to and giving them the ben. of doubt. They said they would credit my C.C. Never happened. After numerous calls, they finally Fed Ex'd me a check, minus $20.00. These guys are small time B.S. artists.
I have a tracking number showing they recieved the product. If I dont have it by Monday I will just file with my bank and get it back. Thats why I paid with the card. I also have me statement and they know why I returned the heads.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:12 PM
9 Second Club

They have shown me proof of my refund. I dont know what happened to you but I should have mine by Tuesday. As they stated it would take 2 to 3 days.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
They have shown me proof of my refund. I dont know what happened to you but I should have mine by Tuesday. As they stated it would take 2 to 3 days.

Thats cool if it's true. They fed me the same crap......
Old 04-18-2005, 08:05 PM
9 Second Club

Thats cool if it's true. They fed me the same crap......
They have till tomorrow. If not I go striaght to my bank.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

i posted up here problems with these guy's 2 months ago & got a bunch of grief about how great they were. the heads i got from them made 10 HP. i requested that they not be milled.the ones they sent were milled about .015 according to repatable shop here in Dallas. they said send them back & they would do whatever it took to make it right. they got the heads & said they were milled .003-.005 resurfaced. jon barrett engines in OKC who is building my motor then got the heads & checked them & confirmed they were milled .012-.015. so looks like more BS from these guy's. they come & go! it's too bad they seem like good guy's when you talk to them
Old 04-19-2005, 01:48 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by F-MAN-SS
they come & go! it's too bad they seem like good guy's when you talk to them
Exactly! Im done with this. I have been told I am getting my $ back. My project was held back almost 8 weeks due to this crap. And now I have to wait all over again for my new heads and shortblock. Thats the worst part is how long I have waited. Thats because I was going to buy a engine from them too before all this ordeal. I just cant wait for this to be past me and my car to be blown,heads,cam and forged! What a nightmare this has become
Old 04-19-2005, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ap-engineering-complaints/308019-response-recent-ape-posts.html

Post number 7.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by F-MAN-SS
i posted up here problems with these guy's 2 months ago & got a bunch of grief about how great they were. the heads i got from them made 10 HP. i requested that they not be milled.the ones they sent were milled about .015 according to repatable shop here in Dallas. they said send them back & they would do whatever it took to make it right. they got the heads & said they were milled .003-.005 resurfaced. jon barrett engines in OKC who is building my motor then got the heads & checked them & confirmed they were milled .012-.015. so looks like more BS from these guy's. they come & go! it's too bad they seem like good guy's when you talk to them

when i got the heads back i measured the heads and from the factory the heads measure 4.750 usually +\- .004. the measurement that i got was 4.748. that is equivilent to .002 mill. the you specificlly told me that when you get the heads back you wanted them milled since you had a -2cc valve relief and had plenty of room for valve clearnace. the heads now should measure around 4.720 since you wanted a .030 mill. i dont really see how it is B.S. when you havent called and talked to me. all i did is what you asked. you were on the quest for a 11:1 compression ratio so you wanted them milled.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

you think you know the story but you have no idea.

Brad

P.S. would it make you feel better if i sent you nice crisp $20 bill.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Demon SS
you think you know the story but you have no idea.

Brad

P.S. would it make you feel better if i sent you nice crisp $20 bill.

Actually Brad, I think your going to need the $20......

The bottom line is this... The "shop" talked a big game and could not deliver. You guys did not do anything you said you would do prior to me placing an order, which I could have lived with if you had delivered the product..... which you failed to do. Maybe a better way to put it is... if your product lived up to your bogus flow numbers.

Seems like you have a bunch of problems lately..... lack of performance being the big one, which is what WE paid for. Good luck sorting out your issues.

Quick Reply: FFHP thumbs down.....