Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Stall For My Setup???

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question What Stall For My Setup???

I NEED TO GET A STALL CONVERTER FOR MY TA, BUT NOT SURE AS TO WHAT SIZE I SHOULD GET??... I HAVE STAGE 2 LS6 HEADS COMP CAM 566/568 LIFT, 1.8 SLP ROLLER ROCKERS, LT'S, UNDERDRIVE PULLYS, INTAKE, LID, MAF, OFF ROAD-Y, LS6 OIL PUMP.

I WAS TOLD THAT WITH THE 1.8'S THAT IT WILL PUT THE LIFT AT AROUND .600 WHAT WOULD BE A GOOD STALL SPEED FOR THAT??... IT WILL BE DRIVEN ON THE STREET BUT IT IS NOT MY DAILY DRIVER
Old 04-14-2005, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

youd wanna get a stall that works in the RPM range of your cam
Old 04-14-2005, 12:11 PM
FormerVendor

this link might help you
http://www.converter.cc/wizard/wizard2.htm
Old 04-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Yank

THANKS FOR THE INFO..... CAM CLAIMS TO MAKE POWER FROM 1800 THROUGH 6500...
Old 04-14-2005, 01:56 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cam lift isn't a very good indication of the expected power band, but I'm guessing you have around a 22?/566. There many choices and the converter wizard will get you where you want to be. The vehicle weight and rear gear choice is very important as well. If you are running a drag tire that will allow you to stick on the launch I'd go with a SS3800 or the ST3800. I love the ST series, but traction on the street is almost impossible. If loseness isn't a concern for you the Yank PT4200 or Yank PT4400 are great choices.

I'd get the car together and tuned in and get it on a dyno. Select the proper stall based on the powerband, vehicle purpose, weight and gears used. Dave and Mike at Yank can get you very close to perfect, but if you can provide all the data needed, they can nail it everytime.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
The cam lift isn't a very good indication of the expected power band, but I'm guessing you have around a 22?/566. There many choices and the converter wizard will get you where you want to be. The vehicle weight and rear gear choice is very important as well. If you are running a drag tire that will allow you to stick on the launch I'd go with a SS3800 or the ST3800. I love the ST series, but traction on the street is almost impossible. If loseness isn't a concern for you the Yank PT4200 or Yank PT4400 are great choices.

I'd get the car together and tuned in and get it on a dyno. Select the proper stall based on the powerband, vehicle purpose, weight and gears used. Dave and Mike at Yank can get you very close to perfect, but if you can provide all the data needed, they can nail it everytime.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
THANKS FOR THE INFO, I BELIEVE THE DURATION A .50 IS 222/224 AND 112 LOBE SEPERATION. I PLAN ON RUNNING THE NITTO DRAG RADIALS OUT BACK, I AM GOING TO HAVE THE CAR TUNED @REV XTREME ONCE I GET IT ALL TOGETHER AND ALSO SWITCH THE GEARS TO 3.73 CANT AFFORD RIGHT NOW TO SWITCH TO A 12" REAR SO I WILL JUST WAIT TILL I HAVE TO. SO I GUESS IN ORDER TO GET THE RIGHT STALL FOR MY CAR I SHOULD WAIT TILL IT IS TUNED AND GO FROM THERE.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:37 PM

If you know you are going to run Drag radials primarily and no plans of Drag slicks the Yank SY3500 would do quite well or a tad higher probably wouldn't hurt. Finding your power band and getting the proper shift extension will make for a more efficient package.

Personally I wouldn't change the rear gears until you install a 12 bolt. I ran the Yank ST3500 with the 222/566 cam (Stage2 heads) and my stock 3.23s with incredible results, but I had traction with true drag slicks.

BTW- The large caps indicates that you are yelling. It offends some people.

Good luck!
Old 04-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
If you know you are going to run Drag radials primarily and no plans of Drag slicks the Yank SY3500 would do quite well or a tad higher probably wouldn't hurt. Finding your power band and getting the proper shift extension will make for a more efficient package.

Personally I wouldn't change the rear gears until you install a 12 bolt. I ran the Yank ST3500 with the 222/566 cam (Stage2 heads) and my stock 3.23s with incredible results, but I had traction with true drag slicks.

BTW- The large caps indicates that you are yelling. It offends some people.

Good luck!
I did not know that?....i just usually always have my letters in caps just out of preference not meant to offend anyone..
right now i just want the car running and cant afford to put in a 12 bolt for at least another year, the car has been down for 6 months last year and again since january this year.
after i have the car tuned i will decide on what stall...

thanks for the info
Old 04-14-2005, 06:08 PM

No problem. That's what we are here for. I wouldn't get in a big hurry for the 12 bolt if you aren't pounding on it at the track. The stall will make a world of difference. It'll sure put a smile on your face.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Launching!

yea I cant wait to get it on the road and start tearing up the ricers and crustangs
hopefully should be done with in a few weeks along with tunning guess i should also get some sfc's so i dont do any frame damage
Old 04-15-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When in doubt, 3500