Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Michigan Fbody Association Meet & Greet BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Michigan Fbody Association Meet & Greet BBQ June 11th

Yes, that's right folks, The Michigan Fbody Association is sponsoring a Meet & Greet BBQ to kick off the season. The tentative date is for sometime late in June, but we're going against Graduation Parties, Reunions, Ect so the sooner we can get this all together, the better! As I promised when opening this website, the Michigan FBody Association is not an exclusive club, just a website for ANY fbody from the state of Michigan to enjoy and share their experience and enthusiasm for the hobby with other Michigan enthusiasts. As such, clubs and organizations are allowed to come as well, on the strict condition that NO ENROLLMENT ADVERTISING is agreed to. I'm hoping many clubs will participate, and I don't want any competition at this BBQ. The planned location is Stoney Creek MetroPark. Picnic rental is $100 total, and then there's the food and beverage costs. Knowing that each person would have to pay $4 to get their vehicle into the park, our price to come will be $6 so the total fee would be $10. The $6 is covering the fee for the picnic rental, food, and beverages. The Michigan Fbody Association is a NON-PROFIT organization (website) and as such I'm asking everyone to cooperate in this price, and PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT! For this picnic to work, we need 30-40 people to come to be able to afford this picnic. I'm willing to pay more than everyone else, but this is all going to get expensive and costly. The picnic ground has many amenities, so if you want to play volley ball or soccer or basketball or something, bring what you need as I don't think they supply that sort of stuff. I figure after the BBQ, we can hop in our cars and cruise to Gratiot or Woodward and cruise around for a bit. This hopefully should come together to be a VERY FUN experience for everyone, and will be the first of many meet & greets that the Michigan Fbody Association can sponsor.

Rest assured, if we can't get enough people to go and we can't raise enough money to pull this off, everyone will be promptly refunded. I'm not trying to make money off of this, I'm just trying to organize a fun filled day for everyone to come and show off their FBodies. We already have two people from INDIANA coming to this event, and are driving FOUR HOURS just to see all of our FBodies! Let's show them what the Detroit area is all about, and that we're the FBody center of the nation! Please get the word out, tell everyone that you know. The more people we can get to go, the better!

Lastly, as I'm sure many people realize, alcohol is not allowed in the park, so please do not jeopardize the BBQ by bringing alcohol.

If you're interested in going, please email BBQ@mifbody.com or visit http://mifbody.com/modules.php?name...viewtopic&t=126 Thank you.

PS - Can a mod sticky this please?

Last edited by meissenation; 06-10-2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

The BBQ has been set for June 11th, from 9am to 9pm. Due to graduation parties and what not all the good picnic grounds were all booked up on the 18th and the 25th. The picnic grounds that I reserved has baseball, basketball, volleyball, FLUSHING toilets (instead of porta-potty outhouses) and drinking fountains, as well as the pavilian and BBQ. It has almost all the amenities available, and it's a great setting. Money will now be accepted for people wanting to attend. Please email bbq@mifbody.com for payment options, or paypal me directly at paypal@meissenation.com. It's $6 per car for two people (including yourself). Please email or paypal with your name, phone number, # of people you're bringing (including yourself), and what kind of car you drive. This is very important as the sooner everyone pays, the sooner I can get the extra stuff together (food, beverages, etc, etc). Thanks, guys, and I hope this turns out to be a great event for fellow enthusiasts to meet with one another. I look forward to meeting all of you there!
Old 04-23-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump. No sticky?
Old 04-24-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent you mail.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Me and my friend will come, I live at 26 & Dequindre so its only walking distance.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey c0ncEpT, if you could email me by chance at BBQ@mifbody.com or register on mifbody.com to join in on the discussion for the BBQ, that'd be greatly appreciated to make things go a little smoother with getting everyone on the same line of communication. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

E-mail sent and im regestering right now
Old 04-25-2005, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by c0ncEpT
E-mail sent and im regestering right now
Hey man, I dont know if Concept registered me, but him and I are together on this, so, just wanted to let you know.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Aight, I took note of that
Old 05-02-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

to the top. bumpin' it up.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

i'll be there for sure! but only problem is my grad party is also this day but not untill around 6pm i believe so i may stop by anyway with my girls.
lookin forward to seein yall there!!!
<3333
Krissy
Old 05-09-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ooo, girls? Any single ones? Haha, jk jk. Sounds good! We should be set up 9am to 9pm, lunch starting around noon, and then later in the evening cruising to 25 and Shelby (just south of the park) to the Dairy Queen, they are in a shopping center with a good sized parking lot so I figure it'd be an easy place to park all our cars in a more open area.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by meissenation
Ooo, girls? Any single ones? Haha, jk jk. Sounds good! We should be set up 9am to 9pm, lunch starting around noon, and then later in the evening cruising to 25 and Shelby (just south of the park) to the Dairy Queen, they are in a shopping center with a good sized parking lot so I figure it'd be an easy place to park all our cars in a more open area.
sounds good to me, and YES single girls! but the thing with the car and driving could be a prob for us. there cars sux and i dont have me Camaro yet. so we may have to find a ride
Old 05-10-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Woot for single girls!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by meissenation
Woot for single girls!
ya this site is very interesting. lol
iwe can go to the BBQ but me and maybe 2-3 other girls may need a ride home or we cant go.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

I think someone needs to give these girls a ride :-p
Old 05-11-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be able to drive some people home depending on how many I bring.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd offer but chances are I'm gonna be the last one to leave.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

I might be able to drive some people depending on whether or not I get my new system in there.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

well if someone can we'd love ya forever! lol
bc we really want to go, it would be myself (18) Jennie (17) and probbly Marika (17)
also my grad party is on this day sooo... we'd have to be back be-4 the BBQ even ends.
btw do any of yall have pics? jw lol
and yall are invited to the party if ya want to. just PM me or let me know and i'll give yall directions. but of course you will all be at the BBQ unless you swing by and pick me and the girls up and just hangout or something. the party goes on the whole night. yes drinkin and pool and hot tub and bands. all that good stuff.
<333 Krissy

Quick Reply: Michigan Fbody Association Meet & Greet BBQ