Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX MAF Kit test drive!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX MAF Kit test drive!!!

Well, not exactly as the title says. I finally got done wiring it up last night and got my bottle filled today. Got in the car to take it out for a test spin and nothing!!! Evidently in all my squirming around last night wiring the car I managed to hit the light switch and it ran the battery down. I know, I know...dumba@@ , go ahead a let me have it. But will have results this weekend. If all goes well, I am heading to the track Sunday.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably everyone who has wrenched for a while has done the same. Last fall I was re plumbing my n2o and the hood light was on all day, and cold out. So, I went to start and nothing, put my charger on for awhile and still nothing. I then went and bought a jump charger hooked it up and nothing. Then I remembered, I have to push the clutch in. Talk about feeling like a lame'o. Nothing was wrong from start.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is about the way I felt. They must have been on the whole time I was inside the car last night, because I don't remember seeing them on as I was going in the house. But oh well, I guess I will get a charger tomorrow
Old 04-15-2005, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

Im still running my stock battery that came with the car, My automatic bottle heater is wired to the acc wire under the dash, so i never have to worry about it. With the car off listening to the radio, the battery can go dead in about 1/2 since the heaters running. Its happened a couple of times. Luckly always at home, usually while im cleaning the car.