Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Minty sells JUNK

Old 04-14-2005, 11:11 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Minty sells JUNK

The ARE stage 3 LS6 heads that he was selling on here. Junk. Tried to be nice and let him make it right, he said he didn't want to. I will visit him soon. Just to let other buyers know. MINTY bad seller.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should post some more info, and pics?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:26 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Why is this something that would involve you Andy?
Old 04-16-2005, 02:47 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I will visit him soon.
For what? He already said he didn't want to make it right...
Old 04-16-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

Wow, that sucks. I remember he had those heads for sale for a long time and at a steep price! Can't believe they turned out to be junk. What was wrong with them?
I feel your pain...
Old 04-16-2005, 04:02 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Admin
Why is this something that would involve you Andy?
I have no idea! Greg should know better.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is probably the most useless thread in this whole section.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am wondering what is wrong as well.
He seemed to have a real nice product.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this going to be allowed? Just come in and say someone is a bad seller with no reasons?
Old 04-16-2005, 10:03 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Come on tell us what is up with this stuff
Old 04-16-2005, 11:47 PM

yeah I want to know as well... anticipation....
Old 04-17-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Addict

Man, I just saw this post. You can come see me all you want Andy. The product I sold you was well worth the 1800 measely hundred you spent on it. You had the heads at futural for 3 weeks and Alan reported no problems whatsoever. Then, you take the heads to LME and you want me to replace parts that have absolutely nothing wrong? Go ahead baller, post pics. I stand behind everything I sell. Even though in this case I never used the heads for 1 mile. They were on a car for 500 miles IF that. Only reason they were changed was to upgrade. You saw how they worked first hand considering the car that had them before you beat your 427 LS1 by a few car lengths....Post some pics of the heads and a video of the race against the car that had them on before you did. Ive got nothing to hide. Your engine builder doesnt trust the heads because they are used? Get real, I never told you they were BRAND NEW never used. You choose to freshen up the heads that is your choice. You already got them DIRT CHEAP. Your threats are recorded baller.
POST PICS....even though you bought them about what 2 months ago?

And Andy, I have NOTHING to lose anymore. I dont own a LS1 or any LS1 parts. This from here on is personal for my reputation alone now. I dont sell garbage and had no reason to screw you over....I still haven't been an ******* to you actually
Old 04-17-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

And Andy, tell everyone what is wrong with them so we can all get a good laugh...Ill let you post what you said, but I want everyone to know that its not that the problem you claim is a problem, its something YOUR engine builder chooses to make an issue.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Actually I cant wait. I will just tell them what you said.
You said the Springs are junk LOL. That they look like they are going to go right through the intake ports and that they are welded crooked....Wow, ARE must have NO quality control because those are their best heads....Its also funny how the heads were at FMS for 3 weeks for pressure testing and flow testing and I never heard a Peep out of you and you never heard a Peep out of Alan....I can't help you buddy....If you spent 500-600 as you say to have peace of mind for yourself, well, thats your choice. You chose to spend that and I can't stop you........2400 for Stage 3 LS6 heads....Yeah, I really ripped you off....BAD
Old 04-17-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Hmm, I don't understand this thread at all...

1) I don't understand why the springs would be bad after only 500 miles of use.
2) If they were bad why would Futral not have discovered that? Didn't they specifically test the springs? Isn't that a normal procedure for freshening up heads?
3) Even if the springs are bad, that doesn't mean the heads are junk and can't be used, it just means they need new springs. You arent going to toss out $3500 heads b/c they need new springs. Do you stop using your car when the tires go bad?, is the car "junk" at that point? lol.

Now if the springs really are shot, I'd be upset to if they were advertised to be fine, but I don't understand how this could be the case based on 1 & 2.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

The springs aren't shot. Thats EXACTLY why I will not refund anything. Futual would have said something if they would have seen . LME does not want to have a set of used heads on a new motor they built for him. I can completely understand that. But its on Andy and LME to figure that part out. I just sold a car this past fall if you do a search in the classifieds to a guy in Kansas. I offered him these heads during the sale because they are such great heads. Ask that guy if the car is exactly as advertised? I dont sell junk and thats the bottom line. If you choose to refresh and take absolutely no chances, its on you. You already got a 4 thousand dollar head for 1800. You also know Andy, that I am not a bullshitter. You are just pissed because I wont throw money into your refreshening. Sorry bro, Im not a bank nor a sponsor that will do it just to make you happy. I know I sold you an awesome set of heads and I also know Futural would have said SOMETHING if anything looked funny(which there is no way in hell there was).........KB99WS6....exactly you are right, the heads aren't junk even IF the springs were bad, which they weren't. Andy just wants me to take care of the freshen up. Your example of tires worn is the perfect. If I sold a tire with 6'32 why would I give you a refund because your tire installer says they will need replacement soon or he cant gaurantee you will run the 60 ft you desire because the tire isnt brand new to hook perfect.........Pretty much the same thing. LME wants the heads to basically be brand new so that way if something goes wrong with the motor, they cant blame the only link which isn't their work(the heads). And thats great for LME, but Andy can pay for that. Hes already seen first hand what the heads can do.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hes having a new motor built and is putting used heads on it? If I was the shop, I would bitch just the same. They know there is a chance that those heads could be damaged goods (because they arent new) and could ruin new parts that he would want replaced under warranty. This thread is trash, and should be treated as such.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glitch77
Hes having a new motor built and is putting used heads on it? If I was the shop, I would bitch just the same. They know there is a chance that those heads could be damaged goods (because they arent new) and could ruin new parts that he would want replaced under warranty. This thread is trash, and should be treated as such.

No way in hell is at true.
Many of us do H/C swaps with our LS1's, and when we save some additional cash we might upgrade to a forged motor/larger motor.
Many of us dont have money to buy heads cam and a forged motor all at once so we just use the same heads we have already had and maybe add a more aggressive cam.
Therefore used heads are used very often on a new motor.

A simple refresh job is very easy, and much less money.
I would have done the same thing for piece of mind sake.

I have to take Minty's side on this as I am sure anyone with common since would do.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:05 PM

Yeah but he knew what he was purchasing was used, he cant say he wants his money back just because they told him they wouldnt use them on a new engine... It's not mintys fault that they said that, all those questions should have been asked before he bought the heads, minty has no control over that... And if they're such trash why hasnt he posted back up yet? I mean he has obviously seen the thread since minty has posted... kinda shady if you ask me...
Old 04-17-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

If anyone would like to search products ive sold and feedback its real easy to do.....even the one time I had a problem it was about shipping( I was a little slow admittedly and gave a partial refund). The guy still got his product........I was going to use the heads on my own 427 that before I decided to sell the car for crying out loud.
Thanks for the support guys. I have been nothing but civil with Andy. I will post his calm threats he sent via PM if need be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Minty sells JUNK