Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Gas Gauge Doesn't Work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gas Gauge Doesn't Work?

gas Guage Doesn't Work? I Dont Know If This Is The Right Forum For This But Here I Go, I Have A 2001 Ss And The Gas Gauge Doesn't Work. The Check Gauges Light Is On Too. What Could It Be? I'm Driving By Resetting The Trip Button Everytime I Hit 150 Miles. Any Ideas? Thanx!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by armkneez8
gas Guage Doesn't Work? I Dont Know If This Is The Right Forum For This But Here I Go, I Have A 2001 Ss And The Gas Gauge Doesn't Work. The Check Gauges Light Is On Too. What Could It Be? I'm Driving By Resetting The Trip Button Everytime I Hit 150 Miles. Any Ideas? Thanx!

The same thing happened to the wife's camaro . Now her temp guage is on its way out . I am gonna replace the whole cluster to see if that fixes it .
Old 04-15-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by armkneez8
Sendin unit in the tank went bad or came unplugged somewhere...First things, first trace your wires in the bulkhead from the back of the car by your brake lines....If you have a test light probe the gray or purple wire when the car is turned to on but not started...If you have light thats your pump turn on. There is 4 other wires in the same area...2 blacks, the gray or purple, and a white. Next thing would be to pull the tank down, and probe the sender itself once its out of the tank....Its a simple fix really but will take time.

Mike
Old 04-20-2005, 03:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is that it? Anything else?