Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My first encounter of the SVT kind.. (and a skittle kill to boot!)

Old 04-15-2005, 09:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My first encounter of the SVT kind.. (and a skittle kill to boot!)

It's 11pm, it's Thursday, and it's boring.. so I decided to hit up a local spot last night at LaCaretta here in Miami with my buddy Sergio and his new '04 Cobra tagging along. Now normally this place is loaded with fast domestics, but natrually I show up and there's like nobody there.. figures!

Well thankfully about 30 mins into shotting the shizzle with a few friends, a blueberry skittle comes into the lot to break up the monotony. Working through an English --to- Hialeah translator (it's a Miami thing lol!), we set up a run between the Cobra, skittle and myself.

So off to the highway we go, loop around off the Killian exit to line em' up 3 way. After about 2 mins of educating the skittle crew of what 40mph is in the U.S., we finaly line up, I give the 3 honk and we nail it together with perfect timing. I guess Sergio was sleeping cause he got a very late hit, so it's really just me and blueburry running through 2nd and 3rd which was right about the time the Cobra gets cut off by Mr. Guantanamo in the SRT, so he's out of the race. We finish runing through 3rd and the SRT is still next to me, maybe a fender back. Throw 4th and we're together for a bit till again nearing the top of the gear I'd continue my pull. Ended up about 3/4 car or so ahead and the end of the event. Berry nice for a stock turby SRT4! Found out later that evening he just dyno'd at a friend show earlier that day, put down 260-something whp / 330-something wtq.

Alright well, we reconvene at LaCaretta and recap the special olymipics style line-up when I'm asked by a sivler fox body GT on juicy-juice to go for a run. By this time it's like 2am and boring as hell, so since me and Serge were gonna head home anyways, we agree to head south and run it where the 874 opens into like 5 lanes and go 3 way. So off we head with me, Serge, the silver stang and his "crew" of like 50 pace vehicles cluttering the highway at 50mph

Took like a minute of driving at 30mph for the GT to snake his way through the traffic to finally catch up to us, which of course by this time there's like zero room to run before the exit. We went ahead and looped around the Killian exit and were able to line up 3 way from a first gear roll. GT does the 3 honk and we all hit it (Cobra didn't get to line up perfectly, started like ~1/2 car back or so). Right away the GT fades off to my right, by the time I run through 2nd (god I love the short 2nd gear of this thiing!!) I don't even see his headlights next to me. Nail 3rd and evidently the GT let off cause he falls way back, but all I hear now is the shrill of an Eaton blower at full whine "whaAAAAA".. "whaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA". I ring out 3rd and hit 4th, the Cobra comes closer.. closer.. but by the time we let off I edge him out nearing the top of 4th... whew!

We were gonna go again with the silver GT (with the bottle on this time), but a cop decided to show face and we all just went out seperate ways. We couldn't let the night end without a LS1 vs. SVT battle from the hole, so before we finished, me and my friend hit a perfect strip next to my home. Empty, well lit and perfectly straight, can't ask for alot more. We line up the cars and agree that I'll call out the 3-count.

"One.. two... three!" and with that it's an instant display of tire abuse as Serge busts into a nice little ***-sliding dorifto while I myself ease off the throttle, feel her grab, and nail it. This moment of intelligence netted me about a car and a half lead by the time the snake finally grabbed the road. Now I know full well based on what I saw earlier in the night that his car was hands down faster, so I was gonna have to milk this lead for all it's worth if I'm gonna eek out a win. I slam 2nd and I'm greeting with a moments twitch of the tail, the Cobra.... is pulling up quick! "He's gonna catch me, he's gonna catch me" I keep thinking to myself while I listen to his supercharger scream away in my ear, keep a close eye on the tach and watch it sweep up to 5800 when I grab 4th. Cobra is sitting now around my back tire while all I can do is keep the throttle stabbed and hope the General gave this bird enough to pull this one off but here comes Serge at my door.. at my mirror.. at my front tire and alas we let off nearing the top of 4th, but before he got out ahead of me.. woooohoo!

Well that was about as good a race as I've had with the T/A to date! Looked to me like the rate he was pulling me was about the rate my friend's T/A pulls me as well, so I can't wait to toss on the LT's and ORY next weekend and have a little rematch with the Cobra. That is.. untill he get's his pullies

Cliffs & Notes: Beat out a skittle and fox body GT, had a close shave with a buddys SVT Cobra.. I need mods!!

-cast-
T/A- M6, lid & catback
SVT Cobra- M6, SVTP intake
SRT4- stock turbo, DP, exahust, EBC etc. 26xwhp/33xwtq
Old 04-15-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man. i am in miami as well. ask your friend with the 03 cobra if he wants to run me some time. we can set it up on a good day where it is only us two without the ricers pacing us. pm me and we can get it on tape to post it as well.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like U need to borrow my car damn pesky skittles might need to get my wife one, I sure hell ain't gonna drive one Good kills keep it up
Old 04-15-2005, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Yea he's not much of a racer, more of the 'incidental' type, but I'm gonna bring him out to the F-body meet @Fudds next week so if anything you guys can talk there.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

i am probably not going to be there on monday. i have to work til late.. let him know that we can set it up so we can run anytime he is ready..
Old 04-15-2005, 10:39 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm usually at Fudds on Mondays.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

Well I passed through there at like 10 or so this past Monday, only a few Mustangs there..
Old 04-15-2005, 10:50 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
Well I passed through there at like 10 or so this past Monday, only a few Mustangs there..
F-bods and Vettes usually hang from 8:30-9:30.
BTW, lots of action for ya last night!
Old 04-15-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Regular

Nice runs. If he pullies up, he'll be a handfull. Tell your Cobra bud to get some seat time and rubber on that thing.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I'm usually at Fudds on Mondays.
and believe me you cant miss his car...that thing sounds sick..
Old 04-15-2005, 11:18 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
and believe me you cant miss his car...that thing sounds sick..
Hey, that Z06 is sweeeeeeeeet. It's such a superior car to the F-bods.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Hey, that Z06 is sweeeeeeeeet. It's such a superior car to the F-bods.
i only wish it sounded as mean as your SS
Old 04-15-2005, 12:01 PM
12 Second Club

Cool cool.. can't wait to see your car(s) at Fudds!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

I like your writing style. Pleasure to read this post.

Hialeah translator? What is this?
Old 04-16-2005, 06:51 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by shep28
I like your writing style. Pleasure to read this post.

Hialeah translator? What is this?
English/Spanish go between.

Edit: BTW, I grew up in Hialeah, am of Cuban heritage and have a total sense of humor about this. Hialeah is like no other place in the US. It's like Chinatown for Cubans.

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 04-16-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Very nice story...pleasure to read...keep up the good work...btw, nice kill(s). If your buddy in the Cobra could launch, he prob woudda took your lunch money. Before this happens, get some mods. Nice story none the less.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

What is a skittle?
Old 04-16-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice runs/kills!!! Sounds like a blast!
Old 04-16-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WECIV
What is a skittle?
SRT-4... Southie coined that term
Old 04-16-2005, 05:34 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MillaTK
SRT-4... Southie coined that term
Nah, I first heard it used one night at Bradenton Motorsports Park. I was talking to a WS6 owner and an SRT-4 buzzed WOT by us on an access road. He looked at it, looked at me and said "silly skittle."
I may have been the first on this board to use it though.

Search this Thread