New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant light, need some help

Old 04-16-2005, 07:22 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Coolant light, need some help

I did a search but i didn't really get any results that left me confident, so here we go. today i was driving and my coolant light went on. The coolant was fairly full but i added some more in. Anyways, as the manual said, all i would need for the light to go off is shut off the ignition and restart it. I've done this several times and the light won't shut off. Could there be something wrong with a sensor or something as well or is this light like the SES light that never goes out until you tune it out? thanks in advance for all the feedback
-steph
Old 04-16-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

slowhawk will be able to scan it or reset it for ya and let ya know tommorow. you can also try resetting the pcm.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

happens to my dads car all the time, he just restarts it, but your light wont go out, even if you let it sit for a while?, id think its the sensor, i wouldnt tune that light out, its a nice warning light to have if your not paying attention to the water level

did you do anything to the car lately, or did it just pop on one day, if it just popped on and wont turn off, id have the sensor checked out, or replaced if its cheap
Old 04-17-2005, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just unplug the connecter. you'll find it on the radiator next to the battery. Unplugging it will turn off the light.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

damn guys....GM put sensors like this on these cars for a reason.....im guessin bad sensor...but id have it looked at...to many bad things happen to people when a problem arises...and half *** it on going about getting it fixed
Old 04-17-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SStheBest
damn guys....GM put sensors like this on these cars for a reason.....im guessin bad sensor...but id have it looked at...to many bad things happen to people when a problem arises...and half *** it on going about getting it fixed
they put it there to just to cause problems. That's why the newer LS1s didn't get a coolant level sensor.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ddelallata
they put it there to just to cause problems. That's why the newer LS1s didn't get a coolant level sensor.

Just unplug it. I had my old `99's cleaned and replaced several times, finaly said screw it after the warranty ran out. My `02 doesn't have it, GM droped the sensor after `99.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:26 AM
CT Hotness

haha, the thing is being a pain, its going on and off, im just going to unplug it... stupid things make me worry too much

Search this Thread