Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99ss vs. 03-04 cobra best 2 out of 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 99ss vs. 03-04 cobra best 2 out of 3

sup guys, i just thought i would post this. at the local track there was a pewter ss. his mods are mti lid, borla catback, yank 4400 stall i think and a beefed up tranny. and he went up against a stock sonic blue cobra. the light hit green and they both took off good but the ss had just a slight fender of a lead off the line. and halfway down the track i guess that damn cobra may or may not have missed a gear cuz it looked like he messed up. the funny thing is that every time i have gone to the track there is this same sonic blue cobra screwing up on every single run well anyways the the SS got em..the funny thing was is that the SS put enough cars on the cobra that he hit the hazards and clowned his *** and everybody was laughing.

then on the second time they ran again, both got off the line good pretty much even and half way down the track it look like the ss was gonna edge him out but the cobra took it. it was like a 13.2 to a 13.5... to me thats a win for the SS just because hes pretty much all stock and he was neck and neck with that cobra...

final match, tree hits green they both take off and the ss spun out, and the cobra took it. this time the cobra hit the hazards and clowned the ss. i was just impressed what a stall can do for our fbods. i mean maybe that guy probably cant drive, but everytime i have gone to the track i dont know if its that guy, but the same sonic blue cobra always screws up on a shift. ...well sorry its long. just wanted to let everybody know...
Old 04-17-2005, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

losing by .3 is not a win...............
Old 04-17-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

it was like a 13.2 to a 13.5... to me thats a win for the SS just because hes pretty much all stock and he was neck and neck with that cobra...
what the hell ....like WhiteTXmach said .3sec is NOT A WIN!!!
Old 04-17-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

true..my bad..i meant that, going down by .3 tenths seemed alot close. i mean the ss was pretty much all stock vs. the supercharged cobra. its not like he got blown by like 3 car lengths. he was right there. i talked to the guy with the ss after and he said he was gonna hit the hazards again..lol but he said the cobra caught him on the end...my bad bout the .3 tenths thing, i told my buddy bought it and he said he would have considered it a loss if he was the cobra cuz he should have smashed the ss...
Old 04-17-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah, my bad.. all i meant was that the SS hung with him all the way down. and that time the driver of the cobra didnt miss a shift or so. but the last run that was a loss for sure. basically i said it all wrong. i meant a loss for the cobra cuz he should have taken the ss bad. the ss was all stock except for the lid, borla, and yank 4400 stall with the stock ls1 intake. so i meant if i was the cobra owner and only beating him by that much instead of more i would have felt bad....dude, it was that close all the way down it was neck and neck..actually everybody stood up cuz it was that close. but like you guys said .3 tenths is not a win. but the ss made it that close of a race to were i actually didnt think about how much .3 tenths is.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

13.5 sounds pretty shitty for an SS with a lid, catback and a stall.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FelixIlka
13.5 sounds pretty shitty for an SS with a lid, catback and a stall.
My thoughts EXACTLY.

I would hope that with those mods (4400 stall!) it would be in the high 12's at least...
Old 04-17-2005, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

my car runs 13.5 with mods in sig. I'd imagine a SS with a 4400 stall could do alot better. If I added a stall and dr's I would hope I hit low 13's
Old 04-17-2005, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Should be hitting mid 12s with that converter. Did he have good tires?
Old 04-17-2005, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

shitty traction bad tires only thing i can really think about i mean its not like he missed a shift in a a4
Old 04-18-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

talk about shitty, what bout that cobra..lol...but yeah guys, he was running all stock, and stock crappy tires it came with. but about the whole i give the ss a win thing is basically the cobra didnt demolish the ss. they were neck and neck all the way down.