Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nick Williams TB or 90MM TB?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nick Williams TB or 90MM TB?

What is wrong with the FAST 90 mm throttle body? I am about to buy the 90/90 setup from Summit or MTI and I been saving $ for 2 months so someone show me the light on the right TB.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have seen a lot of problems with the Fast 90mm throttle body.

Go with the nick williams.

The FAST Sticks open. Definately POS craftsmanship for such a high dollar product. Malfunctioned many times on the dyno on numerous car setups... from stroker motors, head/cam cars, cam/nitrous cars, and FI cars.

Nick williams is the way to go

BUT... i will say though, if you get a FAST that runs right.. it really does get the job done
Old 04-17-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd say go with the NW 90mm, why run the risk. I haven't heard anything about his tb's having issues yet.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done all of the fixes to my FAST 90, but haven't installed it yet...I'm hoping that it works fine. If I had it all to do over again, I would have bought the Nick Williams instead...however, since I've had this FAST sitting here for months and I've already outlaid the cash, I'm going to give it a go first....
Old 04-17-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
I have done all of the fixes to my FAST 90, but haven't installed it yet...I'm hoping that it works fine. If I had it all to do over again, I would have bought the Nick Williams instead...however, since I've had this FAST sitting here for months and I've already outlaid the cash, I'm going to give it a go first....

Good luck with you on that! Sucks to see this happen to so many people. Was it sticking after the motor had warmed up? That is when most of the time when the blade would hang open and have problems...
Old 04-17-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

My roommate has been waiting for his NW TB for a little over a week. Decided to stay away from the FAST TB because of past problems.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've actually not installed it yet...it's been sitting here in a box for months. I peened the bearings, drilled a deeper hole for the set screw, and I sanded the edges of the blade. It doesn't stick at all, now, even when you snap it shut...however, it hasn't been exposed to engine heat either...I must say that I am very disappointed in the whole situation...I wish the Nick Williams would have been out way back when I wasted money on the FAST...