Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

HUGE THANKS to MFBA and speedseekers.com for INCREDIBLE day at ROAD AMERICA!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUGE THANKS to MFBA and speedseekers.com for INCREDIBLE day at ROAD AMERICA!

ALL i can say is thanks to MFBA and Speedseekers.com for putting on a first class event today, Saturday April 16 and its going on Sunday also. I would say close to 100 cars showed up with about 30% of them being C5s and a few C4s and about 15 Z06s!!! ALso, person thanks goes out to CARMEN treasurer of MFBA, Camaro4Life (he hooked me up with here to register painlessly and DAN KUEHNE (you DA MAN). I was only able to make this two day weekend event on Saturday, 4-16-05 only and the weather was perfect (mid 60s with low humidity. I hope the event also had great weather on Sunday and I would guess after the morning dried out a bit they did!

I put on 100 miles on the track on my 02 EB Z06 and by far had the MOST FUN I HAVE EVER HAD in any of my C5s or any car PERIOD! This EVENT & TRACK ROCKS BIG TIME and there is nothing like letting your HOT ROD LOOSE at the biggest 4 mile race circuit track in the U.S.

I drove up this morning at 5:30am (2.5 hour drive tops) and just got back home at 7PM (Safe and Sound, yes there were several little wrecks but nothing too major) in time for a pizza and some RED VINO with the family. MAN this CAR IS AWESOME. I hit speeds up to 140 mph with 0 issues drove it up there and drove it home and when this event returns in OCTOBER I will be the FIRST ONE TO REGISTER!!!!!

LOOKS like ROAD RACING just became a HOBBY for me as this VERY ADDICTING and i have to say FUNNER THAN DRAG RACING just because the adrenalin RUSH lasts so much LONGER!!! Looks like I will be ordering some new brake pads as i can see hitting about 10 road race circuit outings this season!

Next event at Gingerman, new Joliet Track, we will get more of the CHICAGO CREW involved b/c for those who have not done this, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by MTI 427 C5 Roadster; 04-17-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much does it cost to register for this event? I'd probably just do the Saturday-thing also, but I've been up to Road America probably 5 or so times for the "Merryl-Lynch/Brian Redman Challenge" event they hold in July each year, and my God is that place AWESOME. It's been a dream for me to take my T/A around a road course, and Road America would be my 1st choice. I've practically got that track memorized.

Anyways, if you wanna PM me that's fine, but I'm REALLY interested in the October gathering since I missed this one.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:40 AM
Launching!

you and me both...i am building my third gen just for one run around that track...just one will make me a super happy guy!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Launching!

my brother and I are supposed to be headed up to Road America May 13-15 SVRA. A friend of ours is trying to get us involved. Sounds like a lot of fun. My first time drag racing, I was hooked. I'm sure it'll be the same way for road racing.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

It definitely was awesome, the weather held out and in fact it was beautiful out there! Great event from the folks of MFBA. Its definitely what I want to do and look forward to getting my TA out there...just not this go round.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
How much does it cost to register for this event? Anyways, if you wanna PM me that's fine, but I'm REALLY interested in the October gathering since I missed this one.
We charge $340 for the weekend(sat/sun). If you want to split the weekend with someone else you can, and then it's only $170 for each person for the weekend.

Quick Reply: HUGE THANKS to MFBA and speedseekers.com for INCREDIBLE day at ROAD AMERICA!