Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nissan 350Z???

Old 04-18-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nissan 350Z???

Has anyone raced a 350Z? There is some guy at work who just recently bought one, I think it's a 2003. He is really braggin about his car to everyone, saying how fast his **** it. He asked me on Friday if I had the ***** to race him. Another guy at work is gonna race him tomorrow in his little civic hatchback, can't wait to see the outcome of that. Anyhow, What do these cars run? I don't really know anything about them. What would be the outcome if I raced him in my 2001 SS, Not really any mods. just came with the SLP 345hp package. Should I race his ***?
Old 04-18-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

assuming its stock you won already being an auto take it from a dig.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:20 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spank him. it's done. I like the 350z's. Sweet cars, but stock for stock, no match for an ls1 fbod. Just drive decently.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Regular

how fast are these cars?
Old 04-18-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been challenged on the street on the highway blah blah blah. they all brag about how fast their Z is. JUST DONT BE COCKY!! Trust me the outcome is in your favor. Just do us all a favor and tell us how many carlengths you put on him from a dig and roll. Good Luck.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Low to mid 14's!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:28 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The "Track" version is a high 13 @ 100ish vehicle from what I understand.
Lots of low 14 realities running around however.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Agreed. The majority of them are running mid-low 14's at upper 90's-100 m.p.h.

If you race him from a dig, you'll murder him. If you race him from a roll, that'd be his only "advantage" since you have an automatic, but also you've got the good ol' LS1 under the hood, and remember kids: LS1's love roll races.

Basically, you've got him. Don't be cocky, of course, because anything can happen in a street race, but the odds are TOTALLY in your favor if he's stock or even slightly modded (just an intake or catback, etc). See how he runs against the Civic, then after determining how well or poor the Z does, put some money on it and have a few people from work join in to witness the spankin'.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:55 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BIGFOOTSS
Has anyone raced a 350Z? There is some guy at work who just recently bought one, I think it's a 2003. He is really braggin about his car to everyone, saying how fast his **** it. He asked me on Friday if I had the ***** to race him. Another guy at work is gonna race him tomorrow in his little civic hatchback, can't wait to see the outcome of that. Anyhow, What do these cars run? I don't really know anything about them. What would be the outcome if I raced him in my 2001 SS, Not really any mods. just came with the SLP 345hp package. Should I race his ***?
WTF!! Those Z's are a high 13 sec car at best. This is barely even a challenge for you.You have the top of the line Camaro You could give him a little head start and still run him down on top end!! Get my drift?? The Z would have trouble beating my '02 GT Mustang GT and I know you'd crush me. Have fun and try to be easy on him
Old 04-18-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

dude, i am almost 100% sure that the nissn salespeople are feeding these potential owners a spoon full of crap.

Personally, i see these cars almost every other block and i do like their shape but it's styling details are cheap looking to me..

Anyways, race him from watever he wants, roll...dig....give him a start for the hp disadvantage...it doesnt matter, you will still take him out....

just be as humble as possible only smile like, "wow, im surprised too", and enjoy!!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Banned

the best performing "track" version is a good race for an srt4 stock vs stock
(with the edge to the srt4)

the z's do handle farely well though
Old 04-18-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd get him to bet money on the race You'll spank him, embaress him, and take his money
Old 04-18-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

I talked to the guy with the 350z today and he said that he wanted to put some money on it. This is a quote comming straight from his mouth "Eventhough my car is still stock, it's hella fast. I will be able to kick your *** in that slow *** Camaro with that cheap LS1 in it, and i'll put money on it" After hearing these words of him insulting my car like that, I was ready to go. I am not a cocky person so I just said". Alright I'll do it, but since your car is faster than mine, don't talk **** if you kick my ***". As soon as we finished this conversation, our boss came down stairs. He told us that he heard about us gonna race and he told everyone that he would put money on the race. He said that he was sure I would kick the 350z's ***. He now owns a 2005 GT and said that I had a fast car and that I would kick his *** too. So the race is now on for tomorrow morning. My boss told me that he would be at the finish line to take a picture of the finish. There is a long two-lane staight road behind our warehouse, and this is where we are gonna race. It recently got re-paved so that should be nice.

I am gonna have to kick his *** now, how can you insult a Camaro, and much more an LS1 like that!!
Old 04-18-2005, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

This isnt even a contest. You will eat him up. I really dont know what the Nissan sales people feed the 350z owners but they honestly think they have some super fast sports car. Just go take a look around any 350z forum.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BIGFOOTSS
I talked to the guy with the 350z today and he said that he wanted to put some money on it. This is a quote comming straight from his mouth "Eventhough my car is still stock, it's hella fast. I will be able to kick your *** in that slow *** Camaro with that cheap LS1 in it, and i'll put money on it" After hearing these words of him insulting my car like that, I was ready to go. I am not a cocky person so I just said". Alright I'll do it, but since your car is faster than mine, don't talk **** if you kick my ***". As soon as we finished this conversation, our boss came down stairs. He told us that he heard about us gonna race and he told everyone that he would put money on the race. He said that he was sure I would kick the 350z's ***. He now owns a 2005 GT and said that I had a fast car and that I would kick his *** too. So the race is now on for tomorrow morning. My boss told me that he would be at the finish line to take a picture of the finish. There is a long two-lane staight road behind our warehouse, and this is where we are gonna race. It recently got re-paved so that should be nice.

I am gonna have to kick his *** now, how can you insult a Camaro, and much more an LS1 like that!!

You ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO update us on this tommorow!!!!

As stated already DONT GET COCKY!! and have fun whippin his ***
Old 04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

I've raced quite a few. Bone stock ones and ones with a few boltons. All ways beat them by several car lengths
Old 04-18-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Resident

The stock 350s here in Albuquerque run low 15's, it kinda makes me laugh.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't wait to hear the results. My old man has a 350Z, and even though they may be fast to some, I think they're slow when even compared to a stock LS1. They are fun to drive hard in the twisties though. Kick his cocky ***! If you lose you best not show your face here ever again!

just kidding.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Launching!

If I was in Cali I would bet 3000$ on you, so I could walk with the 9" rear end money....
So don't let me down...it is all up to you, your car even with your Grandma' driving will easily take the 350Z out.
Here is some info on stock cars, 0-60 mph 1/4 mile:
2003 Nissan 350z 5.4 14.1

KEEP US POSTED!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

I have to say those 350z's are pretty quick I beat one by only 4-5 car lenghts. .Thats pretty commendable.I Know it had atleast exhaust work done.You will eat him up for breakfast! Tell him to not to take it personally when you hand him his ***. Bye the way it was from about a 30mph roll.

Search this Thread