Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel System for 650rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fuel System for 650rwhp?

I have a Procharger kit on the way and have plans for the car to be pushing about 650rwhp with a forged 383 by the end of the summer. So I am going to get a fuel system that can handle this right now so I dont need to upgrade later. I figure I will need a fuel pump, injectors, and fuel rails. I think for the rails I will go to Speed Inc, but I am not sure about the pump or the injectors. It seems like the Walbro 255 is a common choice but will this be large enough? For injectors I am looking at the Mototron 60#. Will these handle the power? Also, will a boost referenced FPR be needed? Thanks a lot!
Old 04-18-2005, 03:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is my RWHP goal for my 357 ci LT1 force induction buildup and I am just going to use the stock lines with 72 lb low impedence injectors (and a Versa fueler) along with my 255 LPH in tank pump that I already have installed. I am just going to use a MSD Boos-a-Pump instead of a dual in tank setup right now. Guys over on camaroz28.com have used this setup with forced induction to 700 RWHP with no problems.