Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker LT's?

Old 04-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Hooker LT's?

Man these things were a bitch to install, but the end result is great. It took 2 days to complete the install, because of all the little problems the car was giving me. I was able to keep the cross brace, and lost NO ground clearance. They sound great too. Now to get the G5X3.

What are other people experiences with these?

I also installed some NGK tr55's.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My jet-hots weren't bad to install and that was the very first thing I did in terms of working with a car. I just removed the oil diverter plate and steering shaft and they slid right in. Other than that it was only a bi*** because the stock exhausted was rusted and I was fighting the install the entire time. This was about two years ago, they probably have a newer design out now.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:24 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the install, it took me a long *** time to install my pacesetters. Mainly due to my lack of experiance. Now you got to get that cam in!
Old 04-19-2005, 11:28 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

to the top
Old 04-19-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hooker headers and cam

me and my dad, took our time and did everything right. we started sat morning at about 8, with the headers, got done at about 4. everything was smooth. had to remove the oil plate thing and the steering shaft. then they slid right in. then at about then we ate at about 6 we started the cam, got everything of to the cam plate thing, then called it a night at about 8. then i went out and partied. got up at about 10:30 sun, did the cam and spring swap and was done bye 4:30-5. the springs were the gayest part. took about 2-3 hrs to do. but it went allot easier then i expected. especialy the headers. now got to get tuned next mon and ill be ready to go to the track. good luck on the cam. if you get the 1 inch longer pully bolt at a hardwhare store, had to try a couple of stores before i found one, it helps a ton, taking the pully of and putting it on. if you havent already go to ls1howto.com and look at cam swap. i followed step by step and haw no problems.

Search this Thread