Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

port matching ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 08:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default port matching ??

i have a ported ls6 intake that was port matched to another set of heads and curently have just milled afr's could this hinder high rpm power? would port matching the heads help any? and how much? i know the motor is starving for air from about 5000 up .
any advice would be apprecited.

side note, car runs killer on the street and pulls hard but dyno tells another story , midrange seems to be fine too

keith
Old 04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

So you already have a set of AFR heads? I wouldn't screw with the AFRs. They're fine the way they are IMO.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

yes i already have AFR's but what im thinking is the fact that the ports arnt lineing up and creating turbulance in turn starving the motor of much needed air. basically the intake ports are bigger than the heads so now the air has a nice little wall all around to bounce off of

if that makes sense
Old 04-18-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

I would be afraid to mess around with a set of AFRs myself. That's a really expensive set of heads to be grinding on. If you're dead set on port matching the heads then have one of the sponsers do it professionally.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS1Maniac
I would be afraid to mess around with a set of AFRs myself. That's a really expensive set of heads to be grinding on. If you're dead set on port matching the heads then have one of the sponsers do it professionally.
i do side work with one of the best out there just looking for advice for the reason like you said these heads were'nt cheap
Old 04-18-2005, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

It might be easier for you to sell your LS6 to someone else, possibly someone that has the same type of heads yours was matched to. Then buy a new intake a port it tomatch the AFR's. I don't know how much porting an intake would cost but I'd think it'd be cheaper than porting heads.