Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harlen 2 step install

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 04:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harlen 2 step install

does anybody know how to wire a harlen 2 step with a transbrake on a th400 in a 2002 z28 thanks Dan
Old 04-19-2005, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

I believe you are supposed to permanently ground the white wire and run the grey wire to your transbreak. The Yellow Wire is only used if you plan on running nitrous or some other accessory that must be disabled while the 2-Step is active.

Hopefully Harlen can step in here and confirm this. I know there were a couple old topics on the subjects, my my earlier searches yielded nothing.

I believe this is what it should look like for an Auto Trans with Transbreak. This diagram is with a nitrous application....

Last edited by bad2000ss; 04-19-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bad2000ss
The Yellow Wire is only used if you plan on running nitrous or some other accessory that must be disabled while the 2-Step is active.
I believe that the yellow wire completes a ground when the two step is active.

You can also hook the yellow wire up to the ground side of a 12V LED and the other side of the LED up to a all time 12V source. This provides a light on when the two step is active. I did this so I can make sure that it is active when I floor it (I use the footbrake, so it is much more critical for me).

Mike
Old 04-19-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell how to do it without a relay if you want, it's easy.

Tie the white and gray lines together into one wire, then run that into two wires.
(One to the trans button, one to the Tbrake solenoid.)

Ground the other side of the button and run a hot 12 volt to the other side of the solenoid.

See, simple.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

I run a double pull relay (think that's what it is, can't remember exactly what it's called now for some reason) to pull the ground from my nitrous kit when the t-brake button is depressed and then it gives it to something else, well right now, I have nothing in the spot that it switches too, but when I hook up the 2-step, i'm gonna run the ground for it over to there, so when the t-brake is on, it goes on and the nitrous goes off!