Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help with new shifter

Old 04-20-2005, 08:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with new shifter

After doing some research on here and a couple other sites, it seems like people like their aftermarket shifters alot more than their stock ones. It looks to be between a Pro 5.0 and a Ripper. My stock hurst shifter is a little "notchy" but nothing too annoying. Which one is the better shifter, or is it just personal preference? Also, if I were to do that, would it be worth it to get the Lou's Short Stick along with it? Thanks for the advice in advance.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Resident

Dude, from all of the information that i have read, and hearing all the battles back and forth of "my shifter is better than yours," i have learned one valuable leasson....it is all preference. Especially when it comes to shifters, it is all what you like and what feels the best to you. I will have a Pro 5.0 in mine, and i like the way that feels. Some will say the the Pro 5.0 is "notchy" some will swear by it, and never buy another shifter. Some will say that their B&M is awesome, where some will hate it. I'm not trying to sound cocky or arrogent, but from what i have learned just see if you can find a couple of people who are willing to let you try out their shifter...you will see which one you like the best. And as far as performance....they all are built for the same purpose, shorten the shifts, so you can't really go wrong!

Tris

P.S. I just re-read your post, and yes, my preference is the Lou's short stick. I really like it, it feels "natural" to me, but again...
Old 04-20-2005, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

I have an SLP short shifter with a short stick. I love it. Girlfriend hates it though. Shifts too hard for her. I just say, "Drive your own car."
Old 04-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Pro 5.0 here. Didn't like that the shift stick bolts came loose a couple times but other that that its great. Night and day difference over my stock (non-Hurst) shifter. One thing I have heard is that the B&M shift lever cannot be replaced. Is that true?
Old 04-20-2005, 11:32 AM
On The Tree

I have no clue, thats why I came here. Seems like either way I go it will probably be better than stock, or it better be. I guess I'll just pick one...and then post back with an update after I get everything installed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with new shifter