Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec III i question/problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec III i question/problem

Im pushing near 700rwhp out of a turbo car and had some et's on the car and ran into some issues. This is going through a moser 9" and I lowered the tire pressure. I hit the line lock did a burn out and let go when I tried to straighten out the car would make the grinding sound this was only from a dead stop. It will drive fine go in and out of gears fine like there is no issue. The noise is very light but you can hear it only from a dead stop though otherwise it seems normal anyone ever experience anything like this? As it cooled off the noise somewhat dissapated. Could the clutch just have gotten too hot? help me out thx
Old 04-20-2005, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

700HP is quite a bit for a Spec3. I believe they are rated for up to 680HP max. It may be that you are running the clutch too hot. I would consider going to a Spec stage 4 kevlar clutch. It's not recommended for a daily driver car though.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:47 AM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

spec3 i though is rated to 800 though according to spec. I called they said it may just have gotten too hot the clutch only has like 1800 miles on it and maybe 6 track passes on drag radials this was its first launch on et's

Originally Posted by 99SilverZ
700HP is quite a bit for a Spec3. I believe they are rated for up to 680HP max. It may be that you are running the clutch too hot. I would consider going to a Spec stage 4 kevlar clutch. It's not recommended for a daily driver car though.

Quick Reply: Spec III i question/problem