Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my SR20 240sx VS Z28 Camero

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up my SR20 240sx VS Z28 Camero

I was comming back from one of those car meets and decided to take some back roads opposed to the northern Virginia cop infested main road. me and my friend, came to a stop light. I happen to stop right next to a purple Camero Z28 (newer style) with Altezza style tail lights. It was some chick driving it. I wasn't sure if she was gonna take off when the light turned green, since i never looked at her, but i was ready to if i heard her car get into the high RPMs. I assumed she was thinking the same thing since neither of us launched when the light turned green. We just sorta stayed in 1st gear.. until i heard her at WOT, so i follow but wasn't really behind. After shifting into 2nd, i started pulling away. I chirped 3rd also and it was apparent i was ahead so i slowed down. She however zoomed passed me. The reason i stopped was because it was a two lane road which had a posted speed limit of 30 or 35mph with curbs on both sides and there were twisties comming up. Anways she continues to take the twisties expecting me to race but i just kinda trailed behind her, venting my anoying BOV every couple seconds =). yea ricer style right there.

I was running low boost that night so the most i expected was to just keep up. I'd be pretty interested in see how i hold up in high boost going into 3rd and 4th gear.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

Good kill, heheh. LS1's usually pull harder 3rd and higher than they do in 1st and 2nd.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

What has always baffled me is how someone can spell Altezza but cant properly spell Camaro. My guess is this was a V6 or else a chick too scared to do much. Not to diss on your car or anything, but I know buddies with sr20's in 240sx's and the LS1 is just in a class above when it comes to power. I hate to sound like im biased, but Im not cocky, Im just confident. </endquote rap song>
Old 04-20-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill. I advise you to post your mods because you are going to get BS called on your story.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a 6. I havent seen to many maroon Z's around. 240sx LOL.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

Thats exactly what I was thinking havent seen many colorful Z's, but he does have an sr20 motor in it which isnt just a 240sx but still....

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
It was a 6. I havent seen to many maroon Z's around. 240sx LOL.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

what 240 sr20 do u have s 13 14 etc
i think the s14 sr20 have like 240hp stock or somthin like that?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Multiple choice response, you pick.

A) It was NOT a Z28

B) It was an M6 and she never shifted out of first gear

C)

D)
Old 04-20-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

This is the kind of crap that I hate about car enthusiasts. The ricer group has them, and OBVIOUSLY the LS1 group has them.. It is not impossible for a modded 240sx with an sr20 with a good driver to be in the 12s, and especially hold their own to an LS1 in 1st through second. Seriously, not every car out there is "stock" so you can't just brush off every car that is slower than yours stock. True that *most* 240sx's would be slow as *****, but if somebody knows what they are doing and knows how to drive, this story is not necessarily BS.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:38 PM
10 Second Club

That argument holds true to both sides then, meaning neither car had to be stock, which includes the "z28" which would make it even harder to believe...

However, from what Ive noticed at the track, was that Id put carlengths on these things from the hole, and then theyd almost have me by the end of the 1/4 (when I was stock) With a very nice trap speed.

Given this, I dont really see it happening in 1st to 2nd regardless. Ive got videos of it too

Originally Posted by Poik
This is the kind of crap that I hate about car enthusiasts. The ricer group has them, and OBVIOUSLY the LS1 group has them.. It is not impossible for a modded 240sx with an sr20 with a good driver to be in the 12s, and especially hold their own to an LS1 in 1st through second. Seriously, not every car out there is "stock" so you can't just brush off every car that is slower than yours stock. True that *most* 240sx's would be slow as *****, but if somebody knows what they are doing and knows how to drive, this story is not necessarily BS.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by aNuBiS
That argument holds true to both sides then, meaning neither car had to be stock, which includes the "z28" which would make it even harder to believe...

However, from what Ive noticed at the track, was that Id put carlengths on these things from the hole, and then theyd almost have me by the end of the 1/4 (when I was stock) With a very nice trap speed.

Given this, I dont really see it happening in 1st to 2nd regardless. Ive got videos of it too
You have videos of THIS specific car? If not, that's pretty irrelevant. A stock z28 caught off guard or not driven well is a low 14 second car. Especially in the first gear or two, tires/shifting can mean car lengths.
The fact that the both cars 'could' be modded means nothing. This outcome is much more probable if the camaro wasnt modded. But I bet that camaro had a YSi on it, so this story must be BS!

Also, 'camero', awesome.

Last edited by NASE; 04-20-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Teching In

well, i didn't want to bash on your cars or anything, i just wanted to share cuz i ont post here much, and this is some what related to the forum lol.

As far as what i have, that day, i was running low boost with intake, FMIC, full 3" turbo back, electronic cut out at down pipe, FMU, and flywheel.

hrmm i thought z28s were all V8s. I guess it wasn't much of a race if it was only a v6 lol. who knows, im still looking for some v8 Trans Ams and Cameros to race jut to see how i do.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

The fact that both cars could be modded means nothing? Oh yes, of course. Because mods play no role in any racing. I suppose neither does the possibility of it being a V6 Camaro versus it being a V8 Camaro.

and all I stated was past experience and general knowledge and i figured before i got flamed for it being not true, i stated that i had video footage of it.

The entire point of this area of the forum and this thread is usually that its based on somewhat of a fair race, so putting those two factors as a base and then comparing the two cars, you can usually draw a fairly accurate conclusion of the outcome.

Originally Posted by NASE
You have videos of THIS specific car? If not, that's pretty irrelevant. A stock z28 caught off guard or not driven well is a low 14 second car. Especially in the first gear or two, tires/shifting can mean car lengths.
The fact that the both cars 'could' be modded means nothing. This outcome is much more probable if the camaro wasnt modded. But I bet that camaro had a YSi on it, so this story must be BS!

Also, 'camero', awesome.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
hrmm i thought z28s were all V8s. I guess it wasn't much of a race if it was only a v6 lol. who knows, im still looking for some v8 Trans Ams and Cameros to race jut to see how i do.
Dude you still haven't gotten it. Its CAMARO! NOT CAMERO!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

How much power are you making? I still haven't called BS because if a girl was driving the car it was PROBABLY STOCK. I know for a fact it's rare to see a girl in a modded F-body. I bet over half of them don't even know what type of engine it has under the hood...but then there are those who do ...anyways...I think the close-minded individuals will open up their minds a little more if you give some specifics about your car. Saying "low boost" isn't going to help you any. What kind of power were you making when you raced the Z? We know you're lighter.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by aNuBiS
The fact that both cars could be modded means nothing? Oh yes, of course. Because mods play no role in any racing. I suppose neither does the possibility of it being a V6 Camaro versus it being a V8 Camaro.
Well I was assuming the 240 was modded, and the camaro wasnt. I also considered it may have been a v6. Are you trying to convince me the camaro was modded, or why did you bring that up? I dont get what you were getting at.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
im still looking for some v8 Trans Ams and Cameros to race jut to see how i do.
Try the track. Plenty of little to no mods Camaros to be found there. You'll see why I called B.S.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

if it was a legitimate race(actual LS1 and driver trying) then i have to give u props.
p.s. I thought camaro's couldnt handle the twisties and imports as a whole love twisties?? j/k
Old 04-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Teching In

im making about 240-260whp.

once i get my LSD and tires i'll run at 1/4 track to see how it holds against some real competition.

i do love twisies, but not when its a two lane road with physical barriers on both sides lol. I've known ppl that have died and come close to dying from this type of racing so i do not egg ppl on race in such situation on the street.

im still a little confused. Are Z28 Cameros V8s or can a Z28 Camero be a 6 and an 8?
Old 04-21-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Regular

z28's are all 8's...cam(a)ro possible it could have been an lt1, yes we arent ls1 fast stock and if you were at 240-260 hp its very possible you took one and then women typically drive autos, not putting down women in any way. but the real way to hold claims chief is to get to the track and get some times and some faceoffs.

Quick Reply: my SR20 240sx VS Z28 Camero