Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

first official kill in my z

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first official kill in my z

Just bought a 2000 z28 m6 and i happened to roll up on some kid with a brand new neon srt-4. We couldnt catch a light and he started messing with me, i let him get on it before i downshifted. I barked a hard second then put it in third and i was pulling on him like a bat out of hell. i glanced down at my tach and right as i look back up there is a cop pulling someone over about 300 ft ahead of me. I made a quick turn into a neighborhood as did the neon and we parted ways. I consider this a victory being that i let him have a good 2 seconds jump on me and i still was pulling past him like he was standing still.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was pulling or did pull. THis decides the outcome of the race. The faster car isnt always the one in front for any of a multitude of reasons. If anything, this race was interrupted because of the cop, but i wouldnt consider it to be your "first official kill" if the skittle was still in front, no matter how quickly you were gaining.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Teching In

i started out about 2 cars behind and was dead even when the cop incident basically interupted it. Being that i only went through about 1.5 gears i know i had the victory, therfore its a kill.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Teching In

also, the fact that we were rolling, not at a light makes this a diferent kind of race. If we were at a dead stop the faster car wont always win, but usualy from a roll the faster car wins.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

thats a kill in my book!!! good job.