Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM-1 to HP tuners...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:50 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default LM-1 to HP tuners...

I have a dumb question. I am trying to connect the LM1 analog output to the EIO of the HP Tuners. Do I simply use a mini analog cable from radio shack? How do I connect the 3 wires inside? Which one is + and -?
Phil

Last edited by Phil99vette; 04-20-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to know the same thing.....
Old 04-21-2005, 12:07 AM
12 Second Club

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=143834
LM-1 Analog output (AO) cable: Using shielded connectors, connect the AO's red wire (Output 1) to the white wire (Pin 1) of the EIO interface. Connect the AO's shielded wire to the black wire (Pin 5) of the EIO interface. Used a multimeter to confirm connectivity betweeen the 3.5mm stereo connectors and the appropriate pins in the molex connector. Then wrapped the two connectors in electrical tape.

LM-1 Programmer: Connect the LM-1 handheld to your PC via the serial connector provided. Install/run the LM-1 Programmer and Select the Analog Output 1 tab. Set mode to wideband (not lambda), and set 0V=10AFR and 5V=20AF. Select Program button and exit. Turn off the LM-1 power and disconnect the serial interface, and then turn it back on

EIO Interface: Remove the protective plug which ships installed by default by just pulling it out, and plug in the pigtail we just wired above. It's keyed to only allow installation in a certain manner. Plug the 3.5mm stereo connector into the handheld if not already done so.

VCM Scanner: Open the scanner, then open the table display. The very bottom two rows are Output 1 (Left) and Output 2 (Right). Directly above each of these Outputs are two of the A/D inputs (Input 3 (L) and Input 4 (R)). And the next row above that is the same except Input 1 (L) and 2 (R), respectively. So in this case, since I picked A/D channel 1, I needed to right-click on the field listed as Input 1; choose insert; expand AFR, double-click LM-1, and close that window.
That worked perfectly for me.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Do the basic LM-1's like the ones sold on ebay have the same 0-5v output to connect with hp tuners eio?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mike s.
Do the basic LM-1's like the ones sold on ebay have the same 0-5v output to connect with hp tuners eio?
they should...as long as the seller didnt remove the one cable.

Quick Reply: LM-1 to HP tuners...