Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Blanket/NOS 95* Thermastat Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NX Blanket/NOS 95* Thermostat Results

One missed placed NOS heater and replace with spare NX using the 95* electric thermostats. It took 40mins to heat a full 15# bottle from 750psi to 1050psi. I will trade the NX heater and pressure transducer for a stock NOS blanket with/with out stock 85* thermostats or Dynotune blanket.

I went to use tranducer and didn't like the looks of it hanging off my bottle, cause it's out in open and on display. Thermostat is much cleaner.
Transducer is also a pain when changing bottles on the NOS bottles you need one for each bottle, not good $$.
I also like the fact that on thermastaticly controlled you know when your getting low on the n2o cause when bottle only goes to 800/900psi you have just a couple pounds left, not a problem on dry with variable a/f. Whereas on transducer type it will heat what ever amount you have to pressure and no way to know where your at without weighing.
I have it set up so that anytime the ign key is on the bottle opens and heater is on, but can bypass this feature with my toggle switches. Allways ready, except the amount of time the 240watt blanket takes, but not really a problem running dry because of the variable a/f. NOS blanket takes about 80% of the time to heat same bottle (300watt).

Last edited by Robert56; 04-22-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

No comments or disagreements?
Old 04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robert, DynoTune is about to release a complete line of bottle heaters with thermostats as well! They will be even more affordable than the current adjustable version and they too will come in diffrent pressure ranges! 900psi, 1000 psi etc... You are right, the thermostat models do look cleaner. The dynotune transducer is 1/2 the size of the NX transducer plus its adjustable!
A 15lb tank is hard to heat no matter what, 40 minutes is extream!

Stay Tuned!

Dan www.dynotunenitrous.com
Old 04-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The only down fall to adjustable ones that I tested in the past is repeatability. They never would start and stop and the right point or sames points. The reason the switch is so large is the honeywell micro switch inside the case, and the case explosion or breaking points. Removing an NX bottle with the transducer in place is not a problem, just take the large nut loose. Thats all. Heating a bottle also depends on surrounding temp. Cold weather it will take a while. Making a heater hotter is no problem but the draw back is it will draw more amps.
Ricky
Old 04-22-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

NXRicky, I was wanting to use the side port in the bottle valve (superflow), that way if bottle was closed it would still shut off at press. I have a noid on the bottle nut also, and the way I have bottle mounted no room.

DynoTune, PM a price on the blanket only New/old as long as it's 300watt. The next heat cycle at 45* took about an hour+ to go from 615psi to 1050psi, that's too long.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Robert56
NXRicky, I was wanting to use the side port in the bottle valve (superflow), that way if bottle was closed it would still shut off at press. I have a noid on the bottle nut also, and the way I have bottle mounted no room.

DynoTune, PM a price on the blanket only New/old as long as it's 300watt. The next heat cycle at 45* took about an hour+ to go from 615psi to 1050psi, that's too long.
Confused about the first part. The second lets see you have a 15lb bottle and its 45 degrees. You bet it will take a long time to heat that up. The surface area of the bottle alone would take a bit to heat, and since the bottle is one giant heat sink everything you pump in is trying to get out. You are even heating the air around the bottle. I would install a our jacket and put it to bed. 240 watts at 13.8 volts is 17.39 amps and at 300watts 21.73 amps. That is just not accetable amp draw in a NON running car. We are looking at more than 4 amps of draw. The heaters are maintainers, not something you can fire fish on. I could sale you a jacket cheaper then you can go out and but a different heater to warm your bottle a bit faster. And in those hot summer month the jacket will help keep you bottle cooler. Let me know if there is any thing else I can do for yall.
Ricky
Old 04-22-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Clarifacation: side port on bottle valve is open to bottle at all times, so if bottle mech valve is closed you can still heat bottle and transducer will sense press (but you have to have one transducer on each bottle cause it's always open, I have 2) and shut down. Whereas, if you put transducer after mech valve and leave it closed it can't sense the pressure build up and discs blows. Pm me a jacket price, please.