View Full Version : UPS won't ship N20 Bottle if full?

KB99WS6
04-21-2005, 01:08 PM
I am waiting to get a TNT F1 kit I bought and the guy was supposed to ship yesterday but said he went to ship it and they wouldnt let him ship it with the bottle full so he had to empty it?

Isn't N20 non flammable?

TNTramair
04-21-2005, 01:17 PM
its still considered Hazmat....no one will ship it full.

KB99WS6
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
man i told the guy that sucks to have to just let $40 on happy gas go to waste into the air. ALthough maybe him and his friends did n20 shots all night I dunno...

ls1_doc
04-21-2005, 01:37 PM
i hope nt that stuff is nasty

TigerFan187
04-21-2005, 01:48 PM
You can ship it but it has to be shipped by someone who is setup to ship Hazardous with UPS and it cost a shitload more money. We ship hazardous UPS at my place. A Year or so ago they really cracked down on it.

jimmy 2 Times
04-21-2005, 01:56 PM
where are you trying to ship it to? i am traffic manager for a trucking company who is licensed and insured to ship HAZMAT

shoot me a pm with the details

camarofreak83
04-21-2005, 01:57 PM
I work for UPS, I am the supervisor for the Addison Air Recovery, and also trained in Hazardous Materials. You can ship a bottle if it is empty no problem. IF IT IS FULL you need Hazmat shipping papers then our HAZMAT AUDITORS, make sure it is ok to go by plane or by trailer and if it isn't we hold it untill someone comes and gets it or we send it back to the person who sent it. If you dont get it it 5 days we destroy it. The best thing to do would be just to send it empty. No problems that way.

camarofreak83
04-21-2005, 02:02 PM
There is no point in shipping it full, espically now with the summer coming, do you have any idea how hot it gets in these trailers and air containers? The last thing WE/UPS needs is a trailer to explode or an airplane to come down because of this. Thats why we as a company don't play around with hazmats, everything has to be perfect, better safe then sorry. This isn't FED-EX OR DHL, Ship it empty and your going to get it with no problems at all.

MeanWS6
04-21-2005, 02:20 PM
I hear ya, except I sold one of my spare bottles empty.
FedEx made me unpack it, open the valve, then repack it back up

KB99WS6
04-21-2005, 02:39 PM
where are you trying to ship it to? i am traffic manager for a trucking company who is licensed and insured to ship HAZMAT

shoot me a pm with the details

He already emptied the bottle yesterday and hopefully reshipped it today, but thanks anyway.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies.

camarofreak83
04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Thats why we are #1 in shipping, UPS is the only way to go. Forget DHL And of course FED-EX, NO EXCUSE ME [B]FED-UP!

SDB
04-21-2005, 04:37 PM
nitrous only explodes when asian dudes on sport bikes shoot the car holding the nitrous with machine guns...everyone know that.

hot trailer + bottle = burst panel blow, and loose nitrous anyways....if burst panel is not working, then blown up bottle and hurt lots of shit.