Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100 shot???

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 100 shot???

I have just installed the NX MAF kit and had a question. I have it jetted for 100 shot and let the pressure get right to the green area on the gauge(about 1000psi, I think). I have only hit it from like a 35mph punch. I can tell that it is spinning a little bit but it is not hitting like I expected it to. Is it just because I am hitting it at 35mph instead of dead stop or what? I don't really have a good place to hit it from dead stop around here(I am going to the track this weekend with DR's)...but I am wondering if I have done something wrong or if it is just spinning and I can't tell. My street tires are pretty slick, but if it is spinning it is just barely spinning because it doesn't get crazy or anything. Anyway, tell me what you guys think
Old 04-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TN94Z
I have just installed the NX MAF kit and had a question. I have it jetted for 100 shot and let the pressure get right to the green area on the gauge(about 1000psi, I think). I have only hit it from like a 35mph punch. I can tell that it is spinning a little bit but it is not hitting like I expected it to. Is it just because I am hitting it at 35mph instead of dead stop or what? I don't really have a good place to hit it from dead stop around here(I am going to the track this weekend with DR's)...but I am wondering if I have done something wrong or if it is just spinning and I can't tell. My street tires are pretty slick, but if it is spinning it is just barely spinning because it doesn't get crazy or anything. Anyway, tell me what you guys think
I just went thru the same thing and now Im giving advice.
Try switching it on at a higher speed when you know you have traction.
I have an m6 so 3rd or 4th gear was good for me.
I wasnt sure If mine was engaging but after I worked out the gremlin I could definetly feel the hit.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can't feel my 100shot hit too much either. but at the track i gained 7 tenths and 11 mph. don't worry too much.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mike c.
i can't feel my 100shot hit too much either. but at the track i gained 7 tenths and 11 mph. don't worry too much.
hmm, almost anyone I ever talked to about N20 said how it hits so hard and the feeling is like wow. I assumed thats how it would be too b/c unless its progressively controlled you are talking about a butt load of torque kicking in instantly, and torque you really feel, especially if it instantly hits...

Can't imagine why you guys arent feeling it. Personally I have never shot N20, just going by what I have heard and what would seem to be.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

I don't understand it either. When my 100 shot hits all hell breaks loose. I have the window switch too. I will floor it at 2k and it will go and as soon it hits 3k the tach shoots to 5k, the rear end is sliding all over the place and I have to concentrate on steering and not banging the limiter. This is all in second gear so to say you can't feel it would lead me to believe that something is wrong but I couldn't tell you what. It acted like this on the 75 shot too.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, when mine hits I have been in drive and rolling down the road. I am sure if I was in first or second and low speed that it would bust loose. I can feel it spinning alittle when I hit it, but I was just expecting it to be out of control. I will take it out and hit it in low gear and see what it does.