Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jasper Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jasper Transmissions

Has anyone here used a Jasper transmission? A local mechanic recommended them and I was just wondering if they were any good or what would be a better route to go.

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their rebuilding process seems very elaborate, but they only do stock rebuilds as far as I know.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Resident

They only rebuild to stock specs. Their warrenty is great, but they are very specific about things. I would be willing to bet that if they found a shift kit or an aftermarket converter they wouldn't warrenty the item. That is unless you have a good mechanic that is willing to take care of you with things like this.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Teching In

I talked to Jasper and they said that their $1800 4l60e is rebuilt to a little bit better than stock and their $2100 4l60e can handle increased hp. My car is stock and I don't plan on doing any upgrades soon, maybe some bolt ons or small nitrous later. But I do want to use a different TC with a higherstall than stock.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fossilfuel
I talked to Jasper and they said that their $1800 4l60e is rebuilt to a little bit better than stock and their $2100 4l60e can handle increased hp. My car is stock and I don't plan on doing any upgrades soon, maybe some bolt ons or small nitrous later. But I do want to use a different TC with a higherstall than stock.
not a problem, call up and ask for Cecil he is in the performance division and should be able to help you out. we do offer performance transmissions at jasper.

David tittermary

Quick Reply: Jasper Transmissions