Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just had bullet and Qtp cutout installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Just had bullet and Qtp cutout installed!!

Just got back from the muffler shop after having an 18 inch dynomax bullet and QTP cutout installed.I LOVE IT!.....With it closed, it got rid of the ORP rasp completly. Flick the switch and in five second it's longtubes with a bullet. For some reason it sounds better then when I had a coutout with cats.?? I need .1 mph at the track to break 110 mph, hopefully will get it done this wednesday.I know e.t wont improve without some nittos so concentrating on mph till then.
By the way,it was a tight fit getting an 18 inch bullet and cutout in,had to cut some of ends of bullet.They made it work though.Cost me 120 for the installl which is a bit high, but not many people work on ORY.

Jay
Old 04-23-2005, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Most of your rasp may have been coming from the merge of the Y. Most Y's have both pipes chashing into each other rather than flowing together. If you install a Flowmaster merger you will get rid of the rasp and gain 10hp.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Yeah "blueballz" Dave told me my y pipe was shitty,but it will have to do for now. Didn't know the rasp came from that merge.Figured out it sounds better now because I was running factory manifold with cats and cutout before.