Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM and LM2 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM and LM2 Questions

I just recently purchased an '00 Z28 M6 that is completely stock. I don't have a lot of money to spend right now, but I would like to get an exhaust that is fairly loud on the outside of the car or when you get on the throttle, but not obnoxious inside. Particularly at interstate speeds. Is the LM too loud for this application? Or is the LM2 better? Furthermore, where can you buy the LM2? Did it just come out? From the last few days I have been here reading, I know that many of you favor the GMMG, but I really can't afford that system right now. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 04-24-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

I bought LM about a month ago. I love it because i like loud exhaust and i want people including my neighbor know i am coming down the road. I am also soon too purchase pacesetter LT and then since i have LM i will be buttin a Borla XR-1 in the i pipe. I dont know if that helps but i love it, plus it is stainless steel for that price. You can find it on the internet and call summit racing and they will bet the lowest price on the net.
peace rob
Old 04-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by XRno1
I just recently purchased an '00 Z28 M6 that is completely stock. I don't have a lot of money to spend right now, but I would like to get an exhaust that is fairly loud on the outside of the car or when you get on the throttle, but not obnoxious inside. Particularly at interstate speeds. Is the LM too loud for this application? Or is the LM2 better? Furthermore, where can you buy the LM2? Did it just come out? From the last few days I have been here reading, I know that many of you favor the GMMG, but I really can't afford that system right now. Thanks for your input.
If your planning on staying stock
LM go for it!
and with money saved over GMMG maybe interest you in changing out your Y pipe Having a M6 aswell , You can control noise better then a automatic
BOTH LM LM2 should be under slp . A sponser here
I've Heard the GMMG system & Its very
I have not heard the LM2 but quessing it was brought out to be simular to the GMMG.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just installed my LM 2 and its perfect. This exhaust is loud but not too loud. When I get on it people say its loud but when I put it into 6th or light throttle it is a quit rumble. The exhaust is very deep and throaty it does not sound raw like the LM. There is minimal drone at 2k-3k which I like. When I let off the throttle it doesn't make loud poping and barking noises, just a nice throaty gurgal. And the power increase is good. I now will spin the tires through first and half way through second when I just punch it at 2k rpm roll. I will soon be making a few video clips and testing the power increase with a Gtech. By the way I ordered my exhaust through LMperformance. I dont recommend them b/c it took 3 weeks to get it and they were hard to get a hold of to find out about my order. I got the system for 370 shipped.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Thanks for you input. It sounds like at interstate speeds (75-80) the LM2 doesn't create a drone inside the car, which is what I want. Thanks!