Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch concerns

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch concerns

First off, I have a McLeod single disc clutch with the updated slave and McLeod MC. The clutch has been in my car for the past year with the hydraulics halfass bled.

For the past few days, I've been bleeding the clutch hydro's with a MityVac, which has been working for the most part. Sometimes the pedal is solid as a rock, yet at other times it has half the pedal travel of play in it; Like the slave has a good distance to travel to come into contact with the pressure plate. Could bleeding it even more more cure this? I know hydraulic systems adjust themselves, but is this the case with a good amount of travel needed or does it need to be shimmed? Everyone is telling me shimming is NOT the way to go, so that would be the last option. Most of the time, when the car is cold, the pedal play is more than half the pedal travel. Once it warms up, it starts acting how I've previously described.

Basically, I have bled and bled the hydraulics, but the play in the clutch pedal continues to move around. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-25-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Addict

ttt....
Old 04-25-2005, 08:53 PM
wrencher

I an many others have been here before w/ the McLeod master.
Rebuild it & it will be all good. I know thunder stocks the rebuild kits for like $30
http://www.thunderracing.com
Old 04-25-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

I have thought about this. And this is the second master I've been through. I may just order the rebuild kit anyways.