Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need all the help I can get.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need all the help I can get.

My spec 3 blew out a few weeks ago... chalked that up to a fauly slave.

Had a local company here in atlanta... specialty clutch service build me a new clutch... and I bought a new slave.

The clutch was guranteed to 500+ hp, and the guys been building them since the 60's so I figured he'd know what he was doing. The slave cylinder was a "Rhino" branded slave cylinder.

Put everything together... and it felt fine for the most part.... except under WOT the pedal would go mushy... and you couldn't get into the next gear. My car is cammed and I like to powershift around 6500-6600. If you dumped the clutch... and went into second.. it'd go in fine.. but by the time you go to hit third the pedal would feel mushy and either stick on the floor... or just feel horrible.. and shifting to the next gear woul be impossible.

We figured it might be a master cylinder... so we went and replaced the master with another Rhino hydraulics branded master cylinder. Note the drill mod was already done to the line on the car. We put the new master in.. bled the system out real well and once again the car still stuck on the floor.. but this time it was so bad as that it would stick to the floor under NORMAL driving.

Any idea what the problem could be? And what everyone would recommend doing next?
Old 04-25-2005, 11:23 PM
wrencher

I would think the problems are starting with those funky hydraulic parts. Most everone here runs either stock or McLeod pieces.
Thought about replacing these pieces?
Old 04-25-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, try the GM slave and master in there. "Rhino" brand?