Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift solenoid questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Shift solenoid questions?

I was just wondering if a shift solenoid is stuck open will it keep the car from downshifting a WOT as much as it would with a fully functional solenoid? I am just curious because it seems like my car doesn't want to downshift when i put it in WOT and it only does at specific speeds.. like 35 mph or 60 mph are the only times it will kick down a gear.. The trans pressure was boosted a little on the tune also.. I am getting the solenoids changed next week.. just not sure what to expect..

Thanks for any help!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RollinSScamaro
I was just wondering if a shift solenoid is stuck open will it keep the car from downshifting a WOT as much as it would with a fully functional solenoid? I am just curious because it seems like my car doesn't want to downshift when i put it in WOT and it only does at specific speeds.. like 35 mph or 60 mph are the only times it will kick down a gear.. The trans pressure was boosted a little on the tune also.. I am getting the solenoids changed next week.. just not sure what to expect..

Thanks for any help!
Yes a bad shift solenoid can cause that problem. I had the same problem but it was throwing a code.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea its throwing a code on me.. I've just been wondering why my car feels like a dog when i mat on it.. i'm glad to hear that it effects the tranny downshift.. because it feels like it just bogs when i go WOT.. unless i'm rolling at a specific MPH.. just gets annoying.. hard to race from a roll too.. Thanks man