Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dr. Gas side exit duals

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 03:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dr. Gas side exit duals

I know this is mostly designed for Mustangs (hence the name, but it does claim to be universal fit), but has anybody seen this setup used on an F-body? Seems like it could be cajoled into fitting. I know clearance always seems to be a big issue with the side exit exhausts, but the 'flat' tips look like they might help some with the side clearance and they it comes in either 2.5" or 3" tubing. I believe it comes with spin-tech mufflers as well. I'm just looking for something besides the dumped dual option.

http://www.drgas.com/Eleanor.asp
Old 04-26-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those things will hang low enough to scrap over paint lines! Seriously, youll be lucky to have a half inch of clearance if they hang under the car. Unless it was specifically made to tuck up and inbetween the subframes and all the bracing and other underpinnings, its not going to be practical.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

oval piping from Dr Gas may be better as far as clearance wise, something like this
Old 04-26-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

^ expensive. there was a member that had side exit true duals w/sweet thunder mufflers. his ground clearance was nothing i'd envy, but it looked ok from the sides. it fills the requirement that the exhaust must exit outside of the passanger compartment
Old 04-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, I know clearance could be a problem. Hoping someone might know a friend who has a roomate who knows a guys cousin who saw someone who had tried them. The oval tubing and some type of custom work could fit the bill, but I think my wallet would want to kick me in the *** for violating it so bad!! $$$ Would look pretty trick, though. I think I've seen the guy on here with the sweet thunder side exits ( I believe he had a vid clip of it). I like a good beefy sound, just not sure if dumped duals wouldn't turn the passenger compartment into a giant resonator. Has anyone ever had problems with exhaust seepage into the passenger area with dumped duals? Thanks for the input.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Veteran

I never had any problems with seepage into the car, but you couldn't really carry on a conversation. 3" duals,no cats, and 1-chamber Flowmasters dumped.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have side exits with 3" pipe and clearance sucks. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Dr. Gas side exit duals-dsc01023.jpg   Dr. Gas side exit duals-dsc01026.jpg