View Full Version : purge options/ideas

evo.end3R
04-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Well Im going to be installing my kit soon and i just cant help thinking of where im gonna set up my purge, i want to have it somewhere that will look nice but also your not going to see the hose sticking out (i would prefer somewhere on the front bumper but the little hose would be sticking out) so i will probably just purge out of where the windsheild wipers are unless someone comes up with someitnhg better that isnt really time consuming

DaBigJC
04-26-2005, 11:34 PM
i just ran mine today, used steel brake line. went from the purge noid over the intak to the first vent screen in the plasyic shroud, then 90 degree hook right to the center of the car, exits right in the middle, base of the whiper. looks good. i may paint the tube black to match the engin bay, or cover it with loom. not sure. wish i had pix for ya but i just did it today, still not really finished, i gotta cut it and bend the end to look nice.
hope that helps

Ls1LikeNoOther
04-27-2005, 12:04 AM
if its a trans am,I like going down into the fenders and make it come out the side vents on an upward angle..Its tricky but looks cool as hell..

evo.end3R
04-27-2005, 06:58 AM
i have an 01 SS i would like it to come out the ram air vent but thats tricky

Ls1LikeNoOther
04-27-2005, 11:42 AM
The SS vent would be easy,run a braided line the whole way up under the hood just like your hood light is..

1slow01Z71
04-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Coming out of the vent would look awesome.

evo.end3R
04-27-2005, 04:35 PM
i removed the front grill so the are the little holes where it fits in, i could run it out of there...i think the vent might be really hard i dont see how to do it

00Z28 Camaro
04-27-2005, 05:24 PM
I dont see why the hood vent would be hard , it would look quite sick if you could purge out of the hood at a small upward angle

Homeslice (tm)
04-28-2005, 10:03 AM
What is this.... is purging the new bling???

freakynipples69
04-28-2005, 10:05 AM
What is this.... is purging the new bling???

Pulling up to a group of ricers and purging says "I dare you to even try" along with a whole bunch of meanings. :devil:

CarolinaWS6
04-28-2005, 11:03 AM
on my WS6 i have it coming out the nostrols

MetallicaMatt
04-28-2005, 08:50 PM
i'm new to n2o,

I have a ws6 and i am considering the bottle, i think it would be awesome to do the lower side vents, but with all of that extra plumbing, isn't it VERY wasteful? I dunno, how long does the bottle last if you go around purging everywhere?

99BackNBlackZ28
04-28-2005, 10:59 PM
I tried setting up the purge but for some reason everytime I test it out, the copper tubing I'm using that comes out of a tee-compression fitting, shoots out of the fitting! :jest:

BadAssFast
04-28-2005, 11:23 PM
i just ran mine today, used steel brake line. went from the purge noid over the intak to the first vent screen in the plasyic shroud, then 90 degree hook right to the center of the car, exits right in the middle, base of the whiper. looks good. i may paint the tube black to match the engin bay, or cover it with loom. not sure. wish i had pix for ya but i just did it today, still not really finished, i gotta cut it and bend the end to look nice.
hope that helpsThanks for this thread. I'm planning my blow hole in the same area of the cowl. I def want a visual reference. How about nylon air line with a burst pressure of 1500 will it work? :chug: Dead Guy Ale Rules!! :barf: :shocked: