PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT in the 2000 EGR spot in the intake...just an idea...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 07:40 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default IAT in the 2000 EGR spot in the intake...just an idea...

Just thinking about the IAT sensor... has anybody put it in the EGR spot on the intake??? I have been thinking about this for a while...just to get a more accurate IAT closer to the fuel mixture...slightly more accurate maybe??

anybody have any thoughts on this...it would work on ls1 or ls6 intake if done right..maybe even on the lsx but I havent looked at them to figure it out...
Old 04-26-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it would be more susceptible to heat soak. That's why some people have tried relocating theirs to their FRTA ect.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
Just thinking about the IAT sensor... has anybody put it in the EGR spot on the intake??? I have been thinking about this for a while...just to get a more accurate IAT closer to the fuel mixture...slightly more accurate maybe??

anybody have any thoughts on this...it would work on ls1 or ls6 intake if done right..maybe even on the lsx but I havent looked at them to figure it out...
It's funny you should bring that up. About a week ago I was thinking about the same thing. If properly insulated, I believe it would give a more accurate reading. I just could not figure out a good way to get it far enough down, and seal the hole, and not risk losing the IAT in the intake.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:55 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Another_User
It's funny you should bring that up. About a week ago I was thinking about the same thing. If properly insulated, I believe it would give a more accurate reading. I just could not figure out a good way to get it far enough down, and seal the hole, and not risk losing the IAT in the intake.
thats been my fear...which is why I was asking if anybody else has tried it...LOL
Old 04-26-2005, 08:00 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Like this?? https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=iat

I have had it like this for a long time with no probs.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, like that, but not stuffed so far into the intake. Plus that is weird. I had no idea the EGR was in a different spot on those. Unless you did some crazy improvising. But yeah, that was sort of what I had in mind.