Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not that I approve street racing......

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 07:22 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Not that I approve street racing......

I was just curious how to get people to run you(sorry if it's in the wrong forum)? I saw a LT1 camaro yesterday on my way home, and it seemed like this guy wanted to run. I pulled up on his driver side to check it out, but the guy never looked over at me. Thinking he wanted none of me, I took off and pulled back to the slow lane doing a mere 5-10 over the limit. The guy in the Z, then catches up to me, but never looks over or does anything. I once again pull out to his left and look over. This guy did nothing..... waste of my time.

Ohhh and what's up with the 3rd gen camaros who think they are the shiz? I would have never thought a guy in american muscle would do a fly bye, but I guess I was wrong. I simply was crusing pass this guy and do the limit, but seconds later he goes flying by at like 90 and weaved through traffic and exited the highway. WTF!?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some people dont like to risk thier life or there car for you thrill . me, on the other hand, given the "right situation and location, would have run you
Old 04-27-2005, 08:55 AM
Launching!

It's just that I read all these post about racing from 45-100+. How do you guys end up running? No one ever is interested when I'm on my commute to or from work. I don't go out looking for races, but if someone is there, I say why not.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:59 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaSTi
It's just that I read all these post about racing from 45-100+. How do you guys end up running? No one ever is interested when I'm on my commute to or from work. I don't go out looking for races, but if someone is there, I say why not.

I feel your pain. No one round here ever wants to run except the occasional SRT4 and the Daiwoo . Man I get the WORST races. That LT1 prolly just didnt want a piece of that boxer. I dont know what to tell you. Usually when I do rum em its on the highway (I95) where there's plenty of open space and the Philly cops don't really mess around with anyone. And I usually lose anyway. LOL

Brad
Old 04-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Launching!

I guess the only reason I was interested in running was because I want to see what I can do from a roll against the dreaded LS1. Hell I would like to run a LS2 or what ever the GTO has. I know I can hang with a few big boys, but nothing outragous. I just never see any around. I guess they only run thier cars at the track.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

You ever find yourself racing people who didnt know they were in a race?

I guess i need something better to do.

I'd figure a against a stock ls1, the odds would be stacked in your favor. I know that i'm not at all ready to challenge an STI (or an Evo for that matter) until the end of this summer. Funny thing though i'll try to whip a mustangs *** no matter when it is.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

I guess the only reason I was interested in running was because I want to see what I can do from a roll against the dreaded LS1. Hell I would like to run a LS2 or what ever the GTO has. I know I can hang with a few big boys, but nothing outragous. I just never see any around. I guess they only run thier cars at the track.
you have to remember it is still a neon and "most" people (other than people that know what they are capable of) won't give you the time of day even though you may put a whoopin on them...just like if i wanted to race a ferrari...i have a good chance at beating most of them but who is going to give a formula the time of day when it is some rich punk with his $100-200k car that thinks he is king of the world
Old 04-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 777
you have to remember it is still a neon and "most" people (other than people that know what they are capable of) won't give you the time of day even though you may put a whoopin on them...just like if i wanted to race a ferrari...i have a good chance at beating most of them but who is going to give a formula the time of day when it is some rich punk with his $100-200k car that thinks he is king of the world
He doesn't drive an SRT-4. He's got an Impreza WRX/STi.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:41 AM
That's what she said...

throw 'em a rev!

most people won't look over because they are shy or somthing. i'll run anybody out there, i'm always looking for an excuse to lay into it also not too worried about getting spanked, i enjoy seeing a fast car move out
Old 04-27-2005, 12:06 PM
Launching!

The way I see it, is as long as it's a nice car, why not run? I don't mind running a slower person, but why not race me? I don't mind running a faster car, because it's a race or fooling around.

TheBlurLS1- If I throw a LT1 or LS1 a rev I doubt they would hear it if they have an exhaust. My car is loud, but nothing comparable to a V8.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

If it's a straightaway "NO TRAFFIC" go for it... That's me...
Old 04-27-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PhoenixRising
He doesn't drive an SRT-4. He's got an Impreza WRX/STi.
doh...sorry about that...i was thinking srt-4 not sti ...well either way...same thing goes...you can always jump or rev...that usually starts a race...
Old 04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

if you wanna run with someone and they aint lookin, rev it up...or turn on emergency blinkers...if that dont work roll down your window and give other dude a holla...i find that revs will do the trick but i live in a place where hondas and acuras are the majority so im alway racing a sucka...
Old 04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by spy2520
You ever find yourself racing people who didnt know they were in a race?

I guess i need something better to do.

I'd figure a against a stock ls1, the odds would be stacked in your favor. I know that i'm not at all ready to challenge an STI (or an Evo for that matter) until the end of this summer. Funny thing though i'll try to whip a mustangs *** no matter when it is.
I would challenge any EVO or STI at any givien point in time in a bone stock ls1. From a dig hell no but from a roll they just arent that fast stock. The amazing stock 1/4 times are due to AWD. My boss had a low 12 sec EVO 8 and when we demodded it to sell it our customers turbo civic walked on it.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Yeah, stock STi and Evos aren't too much to worry about. When I was stock I ran my buddies 03 GT. I was pulling but not hard by any means. I figure that a stock LS1 and the new GT or Mach one are equal. What are your thoughts on that?
Old 04-27-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From a dig, a stock LS1 would have some catching up to do if the STi launched right. From a roll, the favor is all in the LS1, even with an automatic.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

i normally pull up next to someone, stare for a min...if that doesnt work, i throw a small rev...if that doesnt work...ill downshift into the lowest gear possible (normally 2nd since the speed limit here is 55) and that usually makes them look.

if by chance they do look @ me, the either shake their head 'no', and i continue on my way...or if they look like they wanna go, i normally give them the hit, and i just take off when i see them go. kinda makes me play catchup, but its def fun.

and masti, we seem to have a common problem. there are numorous sti's and evo's around here, but noone will run me, ever. lol.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, stock STi and Evos aren't too much to worry about. When I was stock I ran my buddies 03 GT. I was pulling but not hard by any means. I figure that a stock LS1 and the new GT or Mach one are equal. What are your thoughts on that?
The LS1 and Mach1 are both a bit faster than the 05 GT. LS1 has better top end than both. A Mach1's strengths are it's stock lower gearing. LS1 strength is hp. From what I've seen the 05 GT's are pretty slow.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

i think you are right on with the mach 1 but the 03 gt is just as slow as any of the 99-04 gt's which is not really that close to a ls1 or mach 1...they are prolly low 14 second cars...maybe high 13's...mach 1's are pulling similar times as the ls1's (low-mid 13's)
Old 04-27-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Racing is BAD. Just kidding, but i did get pulled over the other day while racing. Cop let me off with 90 in a 55. 277 dolars later and a deffered adjudication, i gaurantee i wont be racing anyone for at least 3 months,(thats how long the record has to stay clean for them to drop the ticket of your driving history)