Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch problem or is it a hydraulics problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Clutch problem or is it a hydraulics problem?

Recently the clutch would slip while in the middle of a gear just normal accellerating. you could be driving along at 2,500rpms in 3rd gear and just speed up to switch lanes or whatever and the clutch would slip up to around 4,000rpms, then grab. but then at times you could take off quick and hit 2nd gear hard and it would barely slip at all. this went on for 2 days and then I went to go back it out of the garage and it wouldn't move. w/ the clutch all the way out and at any RPM it would only inch backward. I drove it down the street and turned it around in a driveway.... it pretty much reved freely while it was slowly backing up, almost like it was in nuetral but it slowly moved backward. once i got back to my house I had to actually push the car back into the garage becuase it couldn't make it back up my drive way. it was try'n to roll backwards while in 1st gear at like 2,000 RPM. this whole time it never smelled like a burnt up clutch or anything. I'm confused what the real problem is. it's a 2000 SS w/ stock slave cylinder and a spec stage 3 clutch w/ about 9,000 miles on it. anyone ever have this problem or have any ideas?

Last edited by StangEaterSS; 04-27-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say it is your clutch. The same thing happened to me. I killed a spec I and II. When you are cruising in 6th and you floor it, do the RPM;s climb then grabs? if they do yes its your clutch. By the way nice hood. I have it too.