Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ss vs srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ss vs srt-4

Yesterday, I went out with my friends to the local car hangout that happens on wednesdays.There I starterd talking to this guy that lives around me that has an srt-4.We been trying to race for a while but I hardley ever go out there.He tells me he has some mods on his and he runs a 13.6.My car is all stock besides the lid that I have on and I run a 13.4.I've always been eager to try to race an srt-4,just to see how fast these cars are. Well anyways we get on the freeway and the first race we take it on roll of 40mph.Three honks and we both punch it.Instanly he get a big jump and keeps pulling like 4 car lengths on me till the end I start pulling on him but still he ends up killing me by 2 or 3.The second run is much better, we do it from a roll of 20 and this time I instanly get a a huge jump and pull away 3 to 4 car lengths.He doesn't even gain on that run.Last run we start from a dig.Again I get a huge lead an gain around 3 cars on him.There I am thinking that I have this one when I see him gaining.He get next to my bumper,then my door and he ends up killing me by a car length or two.I give him some props on his car.It qwick all right,but now I want to know why he beat rolling from 40mph and from a dig.Does anybody know.Thanks fellas
Old 04-28-2005, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Are you an auto or manual?
Autos usually suck from a roll unless they have a stall converter.

Also, do you know for sure what Mods he has done to his car?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

is your car an a4?

dude, im not sure, luck of the draw, i guess. personally, and i dont want to sound like one of those guys that always doubts wat doesnt have a ls1 in it; BUT, maybe he was being to upfront with his mods.

good race though, those turbo neons are quick....

edit: 2002blkws6, you beat me to it!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Teching In

turbo power
Old 04-28-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by v-eighter
turbo power

i see you are back you little fudgepacking nimrod
Old 04-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ivans02ss
Well anyways we get on the freeway and the first race we take it on roll of 40mph.
not a good idea...for you

That's 2nd gear @ 4000rpms for the SRT (redlines 60mph in 2nd) so it's a nice slingshot from there. It'll really throw me in the seat from a 40 punch. You wanna beat an SRT from a roll or catch it in a "dead" spot run under 35mph (gotta bog 2nd because 1st is useless). Anything higher there really isn't a dead spot but 50 and 80 rolls are not a great place for one.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Launching!

I was there last night and I think you are talking about Carlos with the red Srt-4 with black stripes. I think he has stage 1 and a few other little things. He also has a boost leak, because one of his lines wasn't capped off like it should of been, so I wasn't running as good as it has before. SRT's are usually pretty quick from a roll and you having a Auto makes it even worse. SRT's are always going to have slow ET's and really high trap speed MPH, because they are FWD and not many people know how to launch them, but once they get going they are very quick little cars. My advise is to start modding...

Brandon
Old 04-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Im gonna have to go with Brando on that one...