Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! O2 Sensors mixed up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default HELP!! O2 Sensors mixed up?

Well, I began the LT install a day early. I got everything but the manifolds off in two hours. I am using the hobby shop on the Air Force base I am assigned to and when I was getting ready to leave, the attendant came and checked my tool box to make sure everything was there. I am leaving the car overnight so I left all my parts in the box locked up. He pulled out my O2 sensors that were in separate drawers and threw them together. Now I have no clue which were the front and which were the rear. Is this a major catastrophe?

Now I may be setting myself up for major embarassment, but two are really black and two aren't so black. I would think the cleaner ones would be after the cats, but I swear they were the front set. I just want to know how critical it is to put the fronts back where they belong on the LT's. I am deleting the rears. PLEASE help me out here. This really sucks.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:49 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

all 4 o2's are interchangible, dont sweat it.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup what he said had a front one go bad and changed the rear to the front cause i was dead broke at the time and it worked great,now i get an after cat light but I can live with that.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks a lot guys.......I really thought I was screwed. It really pissed me off when he mixed them up. I took my time being very careful and methodical and he walks up and BOOM, ruined all my careful efforts. But now that I understand it's no big deal, NO BIG DEAL! Thanks again!
Old 04-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll be fine....

Just FYI though, I just installed LTs as well, and my front O2s were cleaner than the rears (i.e., not as black). I'd be willing to bet that they get much hotter than the O2s in the rear and burn off more of the soot...

Quick Reply: HELP!! O2 Sensors mixed up?