PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm is acting Weird!!!! (Help)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm is acting Weird!!!! (Help)

I have no special alarm or anything. Just the usual remote key lock that most Camaro SS's have I would think. Well like usual when I press the lock button twice when I'm leaving my car the horn will honk twice real quickly, but lately about 15 seconds after it does that it will honk twice like i'm hitting the panic button. This is annoying. One day I even think my panic mode went off when I was sleeping and my fiance' heard it. Any ideas on what this might be? Thanks. Car is 2001 Camaro SS btw.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WTB-a-Hawk
I have no special alarm or anything. Just the usual remote key lock that most Camaro SS's have I would think. Well like usual when I press the lock button twice when I'm leaving my car the horn will honk twice real quickly, but lately about 15 seconds after it does that it will honk twice like i'm hitting the panic button. This is annoying. One day I even think my panic mode went off when I was sleeping and my fiance' heard it. Any ideas on what this might be? Thanks. Car is 2001 Camaro SS btw.
Thats weird, but i only press the button once and it honks twice. if you press it twice i think its supposed to disable the shock sensor. maybe someone drove too close to it/hit it or someone was trying to break in it? i had my alarm go off, and the ******* down the street was trying to break in...i almost caught him, but his dumba$$ came home while the cops were still in front of my house. I told the cops it was this kid by name, and they said they had arrested him before. they were using a broom to pry my passenger window open and then stole the antenna off my jimmy to try and get the lock open. man, if i caught them...i dont even know what id do. prob beat some ***...
Old 04-29-2005, 05:33 AM
12 Second Club

my camaro used to do this also..I found that the battery was going bad and replaced it and never had a problem since..
Old 04-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Launching!

I think that might be the problem because not too long ago I woke up and the car wouldn't start. I was listening to music in it the night before but I know I didn't leave the keys in it for it to go dead or any lights like that. Sure enough it was dead the next day. Got it jumped and it has been acting weird ever since. Maybe I'll check into that. Thanks man.