Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using ProScan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using ProScan?

My friend bought ProScan during the GP and I just loaded it up on the handy laptop. Obviously easy as any to hookup. Simple little box with a power LED and another one I need to research (red one, flickers).
My impression:
1) Its better than nothing, capable of logging 4 parameters at a time, as far as I see.
2) It has a seemingly slow refresh rate, bit sampling rate whatever you call it. When you log it allows you to set a time frame in sec ( I went up to 200). And even with only 3 sensors selected, it seemed pretty slow.
3) I noticed everytime I tried opening the Sensor window the program would Not Respond and prompt me to close the application. Thats a pisser.
4) the virtual dragstrip and virtual dyno seem pretty cool, havent used either of them yet, the screens where nice and easy to navigate.
5) Has much fewer parameters total to select from, especially when compared to the ultra nice HPT (Its software like this that makes me love my newly acquired HPT even more).
Thats it so far, only went to make sure the lil bugger worked and it does. I could see it being useful for my friend who is stick in the Edit Era with no scanner/logger to speak of, so this should be a nice enough tool for him as it does support STFT, LTFT, O2s, Misfire test, RPM, ECT, MAP, Advance and some more.

If anyone had experience the not responding issue plz address resolution for me?

Charlie
Old 04-29-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Man i just got my proscan in today. i cant wait till i leave work to go play with it! im hoping i dont have any of them problems. but....
Old 04-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Restricted User

I havent been to their support site yet, its not mine you know, but I am sure theres a good reason for the not responding.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

well if mine was working right i would be using it! it gives me this crap about

"The application fialed to initialze properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application"

ive been emailing someone at Proscan and they are workin with the problem. it never fails. every thing always screws up!!! makes me mad.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Restricted User

Go to their website, it has a link to Windows update for .NET applications. Go to the windows update site, and search for .NET, then download that update. After that, it worked on mine.