PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electro/Mechanical Troubleshooting, plz help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electro/Mechanical Troubleshooting, plz help...

Ok, been through several posts on the tuning issue. I agree there may be a mechanical or other electrical (like sensor etc..) issue somewhere I seem to be overlooking due to the fact it all started during a tuning session.
So recap, the car was being tuned, ran decent before, slight hesitation here or there, rough idle I contributed to the MS3 Cam, but now am questioning. After tune was installed, the car will barely idle, pops and spits and stutters, misses like a bastage (didnt set any codes with modified Misfire table, but with the near stock it sure the hell does!), lacks mondo power and needs two foot driving to get it into a parking stall, holding the brake and about 25% TPS to get it moving. -The plugs have been changed and wires, routine thing my brother likes to do.
-O2 sensors swapped and no change at all.
-I am leaning towards either MAF(all codes are enabled but none set), IAC/TPS Sensors (same as MAF, but both report activity seemingly normal, although its hard to tell since it wont idle), Coil Packs- Not sure how to do a test with HPT for this so if there is way, PLEASE tell me, or post a link to it, my search button is wore out after today, and the PCM. I believe the PCM to actually be working just fine, but will be able to swap into another 2002 tomorrow, and if working will swap the other cars into the POS in my parking stall!
Again, I am tired from thinking all this is from a fricking tune, hell my car runs great!

Charlie
Old 04-30-2005, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pushrods too long?
have you ran a compression check?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the P-Rods, this car ran for months before this "tuning" fiasco, and its a pretty fresh forged bottom end. With the way it will clear up now n then (or was until yesterday) highly doubtful on the compression. I thought about it, but normally there is noticeable offset in the idle for the dead (lacking cylinder), in this case it has to be all of them.