Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended mods for a 4L60E?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended mods for a 4L60E?

I would like to firm up the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts in my 03 Silverado. Other than an over the counter shift kit, are there any other mods that can be done? I have heard of replacing the servo.....which one to use?

Thanks! Bob
Old 05-03-2005, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the Transgo 4L60E-HD2 shift kit and a vett servo. You could go with a billet style servo but they are alot more money and for your application you really wouldnt need it. The shift kit should run around $100 and the servo is around $15. Consider a new filter and the cost of the fluid and its a pretty cheep upgrade for the improvement you get. Have fun with it.

Mec
Old 05-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Greaseymec
Go with the Transgo 4L60E-HD2 shift kit and a vett servo. You could go with a billet style servo but they are alot more money and for your application you really wouldnt need it. The shift kit should run around $100 and the servo is around $15. Consider a new filter and the cost of the fluid and its a pretty cheep upgrade for the improvement you get. Have fun with it.

Mec

Thanks for the info. Is the stealership the best place to get the servo, or should I check with one of the tranny shops? I have seen two different servos..one for 1-2 shifts and one for 4th gear (O/D). Does the Vette servo cover all gears?

Also, I also forgot to add that I am doing this to help when towing my 21' camper trailer.

Thanks! Bob
Old 05-04-2005, 01:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The vette servo is for the 1-2 shift. If you plan on towing a 21 ft camper, tow with it in 3rd. No need to fry the planets by towing in overdrive. Find a tranny parts place to buy your parts. Look it up in the phone book under transmissions/parts.

Mec
Old 05-08-2005, 01:22 AM
Restricted User

I carry the modified Trans-Go Performance Shift kit & the Corvette servo. Let me know if I can be of help?
Old 05-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

I got the Vette servo and a boost valve from a local tranny shop. Installed them before I did the Whipple this weekend. The tranny mods make a big difference. Not tire frying shifts, but not slushy like before either. I will feel better towing with it now -vs- before. Plus the Whipple is awesome!

Quick Reply: Recommended mods for a 4L60E?