PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter locks and unlocks while driving on freeway(misfire already increased)!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Converter locks and unlocks while driving on freeway(misfire already increased)!

After getting my converter a long time ago I used info from Jimmyblue to change lock/unlock parameters. I have since installed a cam and some other mods (no gears). I am having problems with my tranny locking and unlocking while cruising on the freeway. It takes a long time for the tranny to lock up on the freeway and when it does it only stays locked up for less then 30 seconds and then unlocks again for about 5 minutes and repeats. I dont get any misfire codes either. I have increased the misfire tables like I read about. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out? I can send a tune or log.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had exact problem with son's 5.3/3400 stall,with LS1EDIT/engine diag./test paramaters, we set misfires @ 120 min and 140 max and changed nothing else in misfire tables and no more problen with tc lock/unlock. pcm is seeing misfire because of cam
my .02's Johnny

Last edited by SS SLP2; 05-05-2005 at 10:14 PM.