Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

best power adder

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best power adder

Hello guys

I bought my 04 GTO back in december thinking that I would keep it stock and just enjoy it for what it is....5 months later i am about ready to put a little extra zing in its step! I do not want to fool with the main body of the engine.....yet...but what i would like is your thoughts on either the sts rear turbo, or one of the supercharger options on the market. I do not want to mess the the engine yet, but would like to change the exhaust and am thinking of putting on a power adder.

My question to you all is what do you think will give the best bang for the buck while keeping its everyday refinement? And what kind of numbers can I expect from that setup that you reccomend?

Thank you all - Patrick (Plant City, Fl)
Old 05-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

id say go with nitrous if u wanna keep day to day refinement, that could easily handle a 100 shot.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:13 PM

I love my Magna Charger for drivability! That was a big reason for getting it. NO adverse affect on drivability and reliability and it's 100% legal.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-gto-2004-2006/316593-magnacharger-installed-dyno-results.html
Old 05-12-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

I have been considering the MagnaCharger. I was encouraged by the reliability and issue-free results I have read about with the MagnaCharger.

It is my understanding that one can expect more horsepower from the ATI ProCharger, but increased reliability issues and driveability problems.

I also considered nitrous, and still am. As far as "bang for your buck" you really can't go wrong with a kit. I am strongly considering a 150hp wet system for my 04' Goat.

I just think the "neat factor" of the MagnaCharger is hard to beat, plus I love the whine of a roots style blower. However, the MagnaCharger is roughly 12 times the price of a wet system. It's a tough decision.

But, I know where you are coming from. I bought my GTO last Friday, and am ready to go faster. It went 8.81@81.82mph at my track this last Friday night. So, I'd like to see the car in the 7.80 range in the very near future. I think I am going to order a Predator and a Speed Inc. CAI tomorrow.

Let me know which route you go, I'm trying to make a good decision myself.

- Outlaw Wes
Old 05-12-2005, 05:55 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 150 shot on my 04 and love it....
Homemade CAI kit ($73 total with K&N filter)
TR6 spark plugs ($11) gapped at .038
Walboro intank 340gsm fuel pump ($80 on the net NIB, can usually be found for $125)
Complete NX wet kit with heater $700
Timing Tuner $229 NIB from internet

Car beats the **** out of LOTS of cars on the street, and before tuning it ran 12.5 @115 with horribly rich AF ratio and stock tune. I bet it will run bottom 12's @ 118mph now. EVERYTHING ELSE IS BONE STOCK down to the tires, plug wires, etc.

I would love to race a magnacharged, procharged, or sts turbo GTO to see the outcome. I know I would kick the **** out of the magna charged car, but should be a good race with the STS and procharged cars. Everything else being stock that is (I know Brents car runs 10's which is very cool).

Can't go wrong with a bottle. My car is so nice to drive everyday, I just couldn't bring myself to do a cam or converter or exhaust. I like it all stock lookingsounding, BUT with about 500 lb ft. torque! I beat a couple of modded 03 Cobra's, lots of LS1's, lots of WRX's that were all hopped up, etc. Hung right with my buddies 03 vette with Vortech supercharger, A4, Yank 3200 stall, Borla exhaust...from a 20 kick it was even with me pulling very slightly...

Do the nitrous first, its cheap and easy, safe as anything if you do it right.

SDB
Old 05-12-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the info SDB. I am going to order an NOS wet kit tomorrow.

Thanks,
Wb
Old 05-12-2005, 11:18 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the NOS and NX kits, NX is much nicer in my opinion....give nitrodave a call (www.nitrousoutlet.com) he will steer you in the right direction.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

sts turbo is what i have

10.6@129 mph

Quick Reply: best power adder