Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Argh! Kill Stories.. '94 T/A vs. Built '89 IROC-Z, '94 Honda Prelude, '04 WRX STi

Old 05-06-2005, 12:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argh! Kill Stories.. '94 T/A vs. Built '89 IROC-Z, '94 Honda Prelude, '04 WRX STi

Oh yeah, been having some fun lately. Figured I would post up my kill stories lol.

Just as a side note, I don't condone street racing AT ALL. Sometimes though...

My friend owns an '89 IROC-Z. He has about 10K into it all together. Actually a little more, I'll explain why later.

The IROC:

350 C.I.D. L98 Block
ZZ4 Cam, stock heads
TPI Induction
Headers to fill exhaust (Flowmaster American Thunder.. being replaced with SLP LM soon).
Hypercrap Chip till he gets a tune.
Stock weight.

We had been hanging out on a backroad around here, and we decided to leave. As we were leaving he pulled up next to me (with his bro in the car) and revved a little. Keep in mind that we're in the middle of no-where (if you're from my neck of the woods, Franklin Canyon Rd. off of Highway 4) and he's in the suicide lane.

We're moving at a steady 5 MPH and I hit the horn. Beep, Beep, Beep VROOOM!! We're neck and neck until about 60 MPH and I start pulling on him. I've got about 3-4 MPH on him at this point. We finish the race at 110 MPH, with me having a car on him. We both had traction on launch.

Well he says "Yeah well my subs are in the car and my brother was in it.. let me take my subs out and we'll run from a dig. I guess he figured that his torque curve (TPI) would help him some. Okay. Guess he's never seen an LT1 dyno graph

We line up on the same road and there's a flagger in the middle. He raises his hands and yells "One! Two! THREE!!!" Drops his arms and we're off. I had my converter revved to 1300 or so (stock TC) for take off, with the performance button for my tranny on. We both get traction, and I pulled at least a 2.0-2.1 60 Ft.

We stay even until about 40 MPH, then when his TPI is running out of steam, my LT1 is going even harder. I just start walking him hard until we hit about 110 MPH with the turn coming up. I let off, and hit the brakes, a good car and a half ahead.

We raced again, with his posi blowing out and him one-legging it. He had no traction and I pulled an instant car out of the hole. I won bad this time.

His car might sound slow for what it is, but it's really a sick *** car. Totally nostalgic. I love it. Reminds me why my first car was an '85 Z28

The '94 Honda Prelude:

The 'Lude:
Stock with a nicely painted and installed body kit.
Asian Driver.

We were cruising through Concord (again, if you know the area we were right next to Sunvalley Mall and DVC) and saw this body kitted 'Lude. I figure what the hell, and through him a MEAN rev. I'm behind him at this point.

He revvs back, and it's on. He sounded stock, but you never know. I later found out that he was stock.

After some cat and mouse play we finally ended up running on a sort-of backroad. I pulled 3 cars on him by 40 MPH. Lol.

We got out, talked about cars for awhile. His car was really clean, and he knew it was slow. Actually a really cool guy, not a ricer at all. The kind of import driver I respect. We parted ways after that.

The STi:

WRX boy:
Unknown mods.
At least exhaust, probably bumped up boost.

We met up at a local hang out (Again, if you know the area, the starbucks on concord ave, the new one next to concord highschool). Nice guy, but a little cocky. After all was said and done he challenged me to a race on Marsh Creek Rd.

Marsh Creek Rd. is a long and windy road with two lanes. On one side a cliff, on the other a big mountain. I accepted.

I was expecting to lose, although I knew my car could handle turns nicely. His car was newer, and wasn't a slow-poke. I surprised myself.

We lined up (this is dead of night, and we sent someone ahead of us to spot for oncoming traffic.) and honked it off. The race was from the beginning of the road to the Morgan Territory. It's about 5 miles all in all. There was no money on this, just bragging rights.

On the first few turns we were hanging even, with him gaining slightly on the next few. We traded places between the inside and outside lanes a few times.

We got to Morgan Territory with me slightly in front. We went around the last turn and I slipped into the inside doing about 60, gunned it and got to about 80. I was pulling on him going this fast in the upper RPMs.

I beat him there by about 3 seconds, so says the watchers.

Does anyone know about the handling of those cars?

Sorry for the book haha
Old 05-08-2005, 03:51 AM
On The Tree

i would give my first born for nights like that =(
(note: i have no kids)
Old 05-08-2005, 05:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 25thAnnivTransAm
Oh yeah, been having some fun lately. Figured I would post up my kill stories lol.

Just as a side note, I don't condone street racing AT ALL. Sometimes though...

My friend owns an '89 IROC-Z. He has about 10K into it all together. Actually a little more, I'll explain why later.

The IROC:

350 C.I.D. L98 Block
ZZ4 Cam, stock heads
TPI Induction
Headers to fill exhaust (Flowmaster American Thunder.. being replaced with SLP LM soon).
Hypercrap Chip till he gets a tune.
Stock weight.

We had been hanging out on a backroad around here, and we decided to leave. As we were leaving he pulled up next to me (with his bro in the car) and revved a little. Keep in mind that we're in the middle of no-where (if you're from my neck of the woods, Franklin Canyon Rd. off of Highway 4) and he's in the suicide lane.

We're moving at a steady 5 MPH and I hit the horn. Beep, Beep, Beep VROOOM!! We're neck and neck until about 60 MPH and I start pulling on him. I've got about 3-4 MPH on him at this point. We finish the race at 110 MPH, with me having a car on him. We both had traction on launch.

Well he says "Yeah well my subs are in the car and my brother was in it.. let me take my subs out and we'll run from a dig. I guess he figured that his torque curve (TPI) would help him some. Okay. Guess he's never seen an LT1 dyno graph

We line up on the same road and there's a flagger in the middle. He raises his hands and yells "One! Two! THREE!!!" Drops his arms and we're off. I had my converter revved to 1300 or so (stock TC) for take off, with the performance button for my tranny on. We both get traction, and I pulled at least a 2.0-2.1 60 Ft.

We stay even until about 40 MPH, then when his TPI is running out of steam, my LT1 is going even harder. I just start walking him hard until we hit about 110 MPH with the turn coming up. I let off, and hit the brakes, a good car and a half ahead.

We raced again, with his posi blowing out and him one-legging it. He had no traction and I pulled an instant car out of the hole. I won bad this time.

His car might sound slow for what it is, but it's really a sick *** car. Totally nostalgic. I love it. Reminds me why my first car was an '85 Z28

The '94 Honda Prelude:

The 'Lude:
Stock with a nicely painted and installed body kit.
Asian Driver.

We were cruising through Concord (again, if you know the area we were right next to Sunvalley Mall and DVC) and saw this body kitted 'Lude. I figure what the hell, and through him a MEAN rev. I'm behind him at this point.

He revvs back, and it's on. He sounded stock, but you never know. I later found out that he was stock.

After some cat and mouse play we finally ended up running on a sort-of backroad. I pulled 3 cars on him by 40 MPH. Lol.

We got out, talked about cars for awhile. His car was really clean, and he knew it was slow. Actually a really cool guy, not a ricer at all. The kind of import driver I respect. We parted ways after that.

The STi:

WRX boy:
Unknown mods.
At least exhaust, probably bumped up boost.

We met up at a local hang out (Again, if you know the area, the starbucks on concord ave, the new one next to concord highschool). Nice guy, but a little cocky. After all was said and done he challenged me to a race on Marsh Creek Rd.

Marsh Creek Rd. is a long and windy road with two lanes. On one side a cliff, on the other a big mountain. I accepted.

I was expecting to lose, although I knew my car could handle turns nicely. His car was newer, and wasn't a slow-poke. I surprised myself.

We lined up (this is dead of night, and we sent someone ahead of us to spot for oncoming traffic.) and honked it off. The race was from the beginning of the road to the Morgan Territory. It's about 5 miles all in all. There was no money on this, just bragging rights.

On the first few turns we were hanging even, with him gaining slightly on the next few. We traded places between the inside and outside lanes a few times.

We got to Morgan Territory with me slightly in front. We went around the last turn and I slipped into the inside doing about 60, gunned it and got to about 80. I was pulling on him going this fast in the upper RPMs.

I beat him there by about 3 seconds, so says the watchers.

Does anyone know about the handling of those cars?

Sorry for the book haha
just how do you know u pulled about a 2.00 60ft and win by 3 sec? hell if i had you around id never have to go to the track.(u do dyno)
Old 05-08-2005, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ws6sojuiced01
just how do you know u pulled about a 2.00 60ft and win by 3 sec? hell if i had you around id never have to go to the track.(u do dyno)
I've been to the track enough times to know what an ~2.0 60 ft. feels like, as opposed to say a 2.4 or a 1.8. If you go to the track often you get to know what it feels like. Dunno, can't explain it. That sentance was just trying to say that I got a great launch for the street.

And someone was watching us, he said ~3 seconds.

The times aren't exact, obviously.

Search this Thread