Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Shifting bad after shortstick/!CAGS

Old 05-07-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifting bad after shortstick/!CAGS

I installed my short stick last week along with the resistor trick to delete skip shift. When its cold, the car seems to fumble as i shift into 2nd/3rd then once it warms up a little, its smoother. But when i try to shift it doesnt smoothly go into the gate. It feels like its rubbing against something. when i get to a stop light i can smoothly shift into each gate while stopped. Then i accelerate and it feels as though somethin is holding back from sliding into the shift. Am i missing somethin here? Also it sounds louder where the shifter is, as if air is blowing through it. Not sure if it was like that before the short stick or not...maybe im just paranoid. I have factory hurst shifter btw.
Thanks
Old 05-07-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

the noise is definitely normal. with a shorter stick, the shifter is going to resist going into the next gears more, also. that's pretty common sense. it shouldn't be a huge effort, though.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

It seems to be fine now. I think im just rusty on driving a stick. i was thinking the resistor might not be fully working to eliminate the skip shift but its not really the case because it feels the same through all the gears. Too bad i dont know any other M6 cars around here to reassure myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shifting bad after shortstick/!CAGS