Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have one of these remote bottle openers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have one of these remote bottle openers?

Here's the auction: LINK

If so, what do you have to say about it, good and bad. I'd appriciate any and all feedback.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 05-07-2005, 11:25 PM
Banned

I have one but havent installed it yet... Im curious about the same question
Old 05-08-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seems like its just a solenoid to me..
Old 05-09-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember correctly, it has a small plunger that opens first to let press stabalize, then full bigger plunger opens. It is constant voltage, but low amp draw to maintain open (doesn't get hot). Myself, I like the NOS brand open/closed pinch type bottle valve. It is bumped with momentery open/ closed switch and stays in either postion with no contstant voltage, and it snaps open like a big dog instantly. You can find them on e-bay for 60 bucks or so, another option.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
If I remember correctly, it has a small plunger that opens first to let press stabalize, then full bigger plunger opens. It is constant voltage, but low amp draw to maintain open (doesn't get hot). Myself, I like the NOS brand open/closed pinch type bottle valve. It is bumped with momentery open/ closed switch and stays in either postion with no contstant voltage, and it snaps open like a big dog instantly. You can find them on e-bay for 60 bucks or so, another option.
I had a NOS opener and it stuck open and would no longer close.. I contacted them and they acknowledged they were having problems with them and were working on a fix.. (this was probably 9 months ago).. So I changed to the NX opener because it actually turns the bottle valve off or on and you are not relying on a second valve to seat..
Old 05-09-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had any problems with mine. But, I have had another brand n2o noid stick open, that's why we need filters. Junk/contaminates are the biggest reason for there failure.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We sell a similar opener, they work great! Big time flow so the plunger seal has much more area, better resistance to leaking. Draws very low power! Still its a solenoid opener, you still need to turn the bottle off when done at the end of the night, we its reccomended. Robert, we need to hire you for tech support, your all over this stuff!

Cheers

Dan
Old 05-12-2005, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not a fan of the solenoid type bottle openers. I prefer the true openers that actually open the bottle valve itself. I've got a new "true" opener that opens the bottle valve made by NOS for sale right now actually.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have one of these remote bottle openers?