PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypertech Shift Point Table?

Old 05-07-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech Shift Point Table?

Ok I've spent numerous hours searching the forums for some ideal shift point setting for the 3.73 i've installed. I've even called hypercrap's support line and gotten nowhere with them. The programmer has a setting to program new axle ratio 3.73. This re-programs the new shift points GREAT right...well they are only WOT shift points and it does not program the downshift point. I can deal with that for now. I now hit the rev limiter on my 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shift feel short. I tried messing with the shift points but ended going back to the 3.73 option and not altering anything. I don't have autotap or anything to scan to see at what MPH @ RPM the shifts are occuring at. SO here is the question....................Is there any type of shift table or diagram of what the hypercrap programer is setting the shift point @ rpm settings at when you select the axle ratio 3.73? I called there support and the guy who answer did not know. PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME .
Old 05-07-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

its in your hypertech manual.if you have one
Old 05-07-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had my HPP3, you could only adjust the upshift points. When you change the axle ratio, the associated tables are adjust to reflect the new ratio. The HPP3 is VERY limited in it capabilities for tuning. With the upshift points, you can adjust in 1mph increments. Actually, it is adjusting the rpm at which the shift occurs. With a stock cam, not much to gain by adjusting the shift points. Been there and done that. With the 1-2 shift lower it at little to keep hitting the rev limiter.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

I lowered the 1-2 shift -1mph that did the trick. As for the 2-3 I tried +1 then +2 and still have not hit the stock rev limiter. It always seemed like the 2-3 shifted early.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

This post update is for people who may run into this problem when the use HPPIII for adjusting for shift points after 3.73 swap. I now have optimized my shift points. Rev limiter is set to stock at 6200rpm....1-2shift is -2 and the 2-3 is +4 No need for 3-4 the 2-3 was WAY to short I gained .15 in the 1/4 by adjusting these Any ? PM me

Search this Thread