Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Im having issues with misfires.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Im having issues with misfires.

I installed a 3600 torque converter a couple of weeks ago. I took it to the track and was running several tenths better than what I usually do. On the way home I wanted to spray the nitrous and see how it felt. I was afraid to spray it at the track because it had been hitting the rev limited a few times.. So I hit it at like 50 and it kinda buked a little and didnt pick up and go like it usually does. I had completely forgot that I had recently added 4* extra timing. (stupid I know)..

I got back home and since then its had a really rough idle and and when you rev it to 1200 or 3000 it gets worse. I log some random misfires in park but they go away in drive. However sometimes it almost dies while driving but its spontaneous and usually doesnt happen.

I ran it at the track since and I have lost 3mph.. Would that be from the converter?

I have changed plugs and wires since. There was a black spot on one of the plugs. It doesnt smoke or anything and it still pulls hard but not as hard. I ran a friend from a roll that I usually beat by probably 2+ cars and It was pretty much even this time. He has same mods and I added the converter.. Could this be from the converter or is there something wrong.

I know I probably need to do a compression test and pull the valve covers but i wanted some opinions first... Ill probably do that tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Broken spring?